NWN2 Problem

gothxtreme

Yea I am trying to play Neverwinter Nights 2 and every map outside the main town is completely out of whack! Here is a pic to show you what I mean ....

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac226/ffximmortal/NWN2_SS_052010_095524.jpg

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I dont have a lot of experience with this game, but I'll try and help, firstly I need to know the age of your machine: how long ago did you buy it? and or when did you lats update your graphics card's drivers. secondly, update your copy from the start screen, its free and will fix some issues, thirdly, are you running any mods? or have you ever run mods with this character? lastly, i too had some bugs and glitches in the original game, namely I got an FPS drain when inside so bad it crashed my PC, which can handle crysis on its maximum settings. storm of zehir and mask of the betrayer are somewhat better, but this isnt the most reliable game ever. as in the pre-expansion game i frequently encountred glitches with quest items not being spawned, monsters doing things they shouldnt, and unstoppable boss who had no damage detection, and various other problems that made it hard to play, I'll check back in 10 hours here.

I dont have a lot of experience with this game, but I'll try and help, firstly I need to know the age of your machine: how long ago did you buy it? and or when did you lats update your graphics card's drivers. secondly, update your copy from the start screen, its free and will fix some issues, thirdly, are you running any mods? or have you ever run mods with this character? lastly, i too had some bugs and glitches in the original game, namely I got an FPS drain when inside so bad it crashed my PC, which can handle crysis on its maximum settings. storm of zehir and mask of the betrayer are somewhat better, but this isnt the most reliable game ever.

My machine is fairly good, It's a AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2.7 GHz

4 Gigs of RAM

Windows 7 32-bit

NVidia GeForce 8600 GT

No I am not running any mods or anything extra besides the expansion packs and it was doing this before I installed the expansions.

It has been a really long time for me as well since I played this game. I did love the game though. But I think I remember having some problems when I changed over to Windows 7. Have you always been playing it on W7? That's the only thing that I can think of. I have another machine with Vista on it, and I use that one for some of the older games. Also my husband is a computer tech and knows some way that I can change over from one OS to another on the same computer for different games that respond better to Vista than W7 or vice versa. Not sure if that is any help. Hope so.

I didnt have any problem with it on Vista and XP, though dunno about 7. Btw where are the rest of the companions? Just curios.

this is the beginning of the game right after the main town at the inn and Yea I was hearing something about windows 7 and its incompatibility with this game which really sucks because I only have this OS installed ...

Try running the installer as Admin and disable your anti virus, also don't install in your "program" files. Run the game up to the first conversation before patching it, also be sure the Direct X from the disk installed.

try installing it in XP Compatibility mode and see if that helps