August holidays, Fileserver to CDN switchover and WYSIWYG editor for descriptions

Dark0ne

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it worked ok with smaller mods. But when i wanted to download some texture packs and more complex mods it told me i had to wait for like two days to finish, so i gave up. Will come back later to see if you guys sorted it out. I kinda feel it was better before than now. But if you guys say this will sort out and there is a learning process involved, than i guess we'll have to wait and see.

First post here. Ever. I'm a looooooong time user of this site, only recently switched to a premium membership because I wanted to support you guys, and because I wanted to ensure a spot on premium download server for large files. As files have gotten bigger and bigger with new game releases, I figured this was a logical thing to do.

Now, you guys do a wonderful job, and this site is just a great service to the gaming community in general. When Skyrim came out with the "steam workshop" support I was afraid for you guys but turns out you are high and above whatever they have to offer.

That being said, and putting all feelings aside, the CDN switch is just painful for me as a paid member... Small files download great, probably better than before. But attempting to download a 300MB file is like pulling teeth out of my own mouth. I've been downloading Requiem for 3 hours and it's still only at 75%! Trying a manual download doesn't fix it.... speed peaks at 20KB/s!! If I'd never gave you guys a dime I wouldn't complain and wait out the storm... But as it stands I feel I must complain.

Hoping the premium services come back fast.

That being said, and putting all feelings aside, the CDN switch is just painful for me as a paid member... Small files download great, probably better than before. But attempting to download a 300MB file is like pulling teeth out of my own mouth. I've been downloading Requiem for 3 hours and it's still only at 75%! Trying a manual download doesn't fix it.... speed peaks at 20KB/s!! If I'd never gave you guys a dime I wouldn't complain and wait out the storm... But as it stands I feel I must complain.

Hoping the premium services come back fast.

Have you tried fiddling with the NMM settings? In this pic I was only getting 5Mbps, but I've received 13 Mbps from the CDN on most days

Here's some settings you can try changing:

http://i.imgur.com/K7YCICP.png

In response to post #18055959.

Were you aware of the "Preferred Download Server" in your account preferences? When the switch was done I also experienced slower speeds although not as drastic as you mentioned. When I checked my preferences I noted that my setting in the server selection was set to USA non-premium. I changed it to Dallas Premium (closest premium server to me) and my download speeds returned to normal and in off peak hours even faster than before. Take a peek and see if this helps you as it did me. Good luck!

In response to post #17997404. #17999069, #18013079, #18013294 are all replies on the same post.

Having also installed many mods manually, I've found that, as long as the file names are consistent, NMM should still continue to show you when new updates to those files are made available.

When you uninstalled, did you select the option to have your pc still remember your settings? If you did, try it again and select the opposite to see if that makes a difference.

Also you may want to try re-booting your pc between un-install and re-install. I've found that this step can sometimes help when installing new software updates. Edited by phellen