August holidays, Fileserver to CDN switchover and WYSIWYG editor for descriptions

Dark0ne

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys the max download speed I seem to be hitting is about 160kb/s. I actually thought there was an issue with my internet connection but then came across this article. This is such a great site, I hope you are able to resolve the issues soon.

Hope something will be done about this. Speed is getting unbearable for me. I'm barely reaching 20kb/s ever since this switchover. I'm not expert on this but I guess it has to do with location here. Depending on the region, the DL speed is either gonna be high or low. It wasn't like this before, when there were many different link mirrors to choose from Edited by reindeer51

@vdegas It shouldn't no, But I can see that some DNS owners could prioritize, cap or limit speeds for some unknown reason. Possibly based on geographic area or something else.

I have seen several posts that claim it did - But no one who is complaining about slow speeds seems to be willing to actually try it to see. :rolleyes:

The downloads are faster now for most people - but the few that are seeing slow downs are the ones posting. And they refuse to even try anything we suggest because it can't possibly be on their end. :wallbash: Try it, then if it doesn't work let me know - but if it does work let me know as well. Any info on variations in speed between various DNS servers is appreciated.

Wow, 6 kb/s minimum; 60 kb/s max; 32 kb/s usually in the past 48 hours, downloading from Latin America.

This is not a system that is learning, it is a system that is failing.

I hope someone is working on it and who can solve problems quickly.