What dragon!?

Dragonoice

Ghogiel's Akatosh Resource was a BETA and released via a thread on the BethSoft forums (which no longer exists). It was May 15, 2007 and the link pointed to a 7MB file on MegaUpload.com (the link is still functional)

Those screenshots of mine look very old now! The one featured in my loading screens I retextured to make it chrome. I'm surprised considering the amount of pictures you see of the dragon that this girl was the only one who apparently downloaded the armor and made use of it. :tongue:

Doesn't seem to work...that really bites...they look so good...I would love to have my Akatosh mount with some of this armor...

Can someone make some armor for the Akatosh mount? It won't be Ghogiels, but given how far the community has come since 2007 I think they may even surpass them.

This looked pretty interesting, I'm surprised no one has made more armor for dragons. I spent a couple of hours in Blender and made a mock up of Daedric Dragon armor. It still needs to be rigged to the skeleton and some details tweaked, but the scaling and positioning is done. If anyone is interested I could finish and upload it to the nexus.

-Razorpony

Amazingly enough it exported into the game with hardly any problems at all. There are still a couple of minor weight painting issues I need to touch up to prevent clipping but there now exists playable Daedric dragon armor. The armor is just resized Daedric armor pieces so any retextures out there will work for this. What other materials would you like to see? Steel? Glass? I'd like to release it as a set, maybe one armor for each type of summonable dragon.

-Razorpony

Any armor would really work, still trying to find one I REALLY like though, so I have no other suggestions, but a plain set of armor, no real intricacies as a poor-mans armor or someone who just doesn't like the way daedric looks. Personally, I love it, especially on the black dragon. A royal color scheme might be good for another set too. Black/Gold and Gold/Silver colors would work nicely.

Kudos just for doing it too.

Edited by Draco856

The armor is just resized Daedric armor pieces so any retextures out there will work for this.

That is actually an AWESOME idea and great implementation of it !!!!

Adding a set of each type of armor for the dragon that uses the same textures as vanilla Oblivion immediately opens up an entire world of re-textures that numbers in the thousands!

Kudos to you for the idea and execution of it...(already gave you my kudos a long time ago though)

I'd be willing to bet that armor sets of daedric, iron, steel, dwarven, elvin and glass would be put to good use by many people (myself included) :thumbsup:

LHammonds