I HATE this game!

happytreefri3nds

I love every single game of The Elder Scrolls - even Battlespire! All, except Oblivion.

I'm open to opinion - just PLEASE TELL ME WHY U LIKE THIS GAME!

My opinion is 100% summed up by this:

http://sites.google.com/site/damicat/

BTW, this is my first post - hello everyone!

EDIT: I apologise for being unclear and sounding like a troll :sad: - I am really just curious to see why u guys love the game so much. I love a good, freindly debate WITHOUT insults :thumbsup: .

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love every single game of The Elder Scrolls - even Battlespire! All, except Oblivion.

While I dont really like Oblivion that much, I must say some of those points are biased.

First of all, the user interface might or might not bother you. It is a very subjective point. I kindda like the simplified version. It does get annoying when you have to scroll through tens of spells and such..but not big deal.

Graphics....well that post is rather old. Today's average PC can run Oblivion without problems. If you have a nice GPU you can even install some graphic overhaul addons which will make the game look really good for its age.

Modding....If there is anything that Oblivion can be praised for..this is it. The possibilities are endless.

However this is supposed to be a RPG. Oblivion sucks at storytelling, Lore, characters and development. Basically its a RPG without important and defining RPG elements. There is no memorable character (even the main ones are lifeless quest hubs), the story is just a reason for you to run arround, etc.

To sum it up in one word: LIFELESS!

This is the price for a open sandbox game though.

What a strange post.

to answer you, i love this game because of the freedom in it. before it, i played japaness RPG, where all is linear. it's a totally immersive game.

Did you only play on it?

1) the interface is different for the morrowind one, it's true, but you can say in morrowind, it's perfect. we needed to navigate between big menu before to find something, items or spells.

2) you say dumbling down, i say simplify. bethesda removed useless skills, like enchanting. and simplify the rest with mixing.

3) i totally disagree with the third step. you say combat is roleplay? nonsence. roplaying is talking to people, finding informations, making good, or bad, choice. Oblivion is very good at rolplaying. not perfect, but very good.

4) in 2006, oblivion was one of the best game for it's graphism. it's now outdated, ok, you find it repetitive? but what do you want more, city, village and forest, yes, there's only that, because it can be more than that.

5) i agree with leveling, it's boring. i use oblivion XP. but notice the leveling system in morrowind was similar.

6) AI is far to be perfect, but i saw worst. and all NPC make different things in a days, not like in morrowind where they stayed always in the same place.

7) trading dwemer weapon was betrayed the empire? i spend a lot of time in morrowind to plunder dwemer ruins, and i never had any problem.

daedric weapon is not rare in oblivion? sure, if you followed the story, the plane of oblivion attack the plane of tamriel, so, it's normal we find more daedric stuff, the player can't be the only one to fight against daedras.

8 ) premium downloadable content? i bought shivering isles and kinght of the nine, and that's all, there's nothing more. in comparison to other games, there's few things to pay

9 )i never saw TESCS to crash, exept when i load a very bad mod.

no nif exporter? did you even search for? if there no exporter, explain where all the models came from.

i don't understand why you spit on oblivion modding, it can solve all your disagrement above. you can have better graphics, better AI, more lore friendly stuff, and so on.

modding is a real pleasure, and for me, it's better than playing, now. but it's only because i know the game in its totallity.

10 ) for the miscelaneous issue, we'll wait to know what you want to say.

What a strange post.

to answer you, i love this game because of the freedom in it. before it, i played japaness RPG, where all is linear. it's a totally immersive game.

Did you only play on it?

1) the interface is different for the morrowind one, it's true, but you can say in morrowind, it's perfect. we needed to navigate between big menu before to find something, items or spells.

2) you say dumbling down, i say simplify. bethesda removed useless skills, like enchanting. and simplify the rest with mixing.

3) i totally disagree with the third step. you say combat is roleplay? nonsence. roplaying is talking to people, finding informations, making good, or bad, choice. Oblivion is very good at rolplaying. not perfect, but very good.

4) in 2006, oblivion was one of the best game for it's graphism. it's now outdated, ok, you find it repetitive? but what do you want more, city, village and forest, yes, there's only that, because it can be more than that.

5) i agree with leveling, it's boring. i use oblivion XP. but notice the leveling system in morrowind was similar.

6) AI is far to be perfect, but i saw worst. and all NPC make different things in a days, not like in morrowind where they stayed always in the same place.

7) trading dwemer weapon was betrayed the empire? i spend a lot of time in morrowind to plunder dwemer ruins, and i never had any problem.

daedric weapon is not rare in oblivion? sure, if you followed the story, the plane of oblivion attack the plane of tamriel, so, it's normal we find more daedric stuff, the player can't be the only one to fight against daedras.

8 ) premium downloadable content? i bought shivering isles and kinght of the nine, and that's all, there's nothing more. in comparison to other games, there's few things to pay

9 )i never saw TESCS to crash, exept when i load a very bad mod.

no nif exporter? did you even search for? if there no exporter, explain where all the models came from.

i don't understand why you spit on oblivion modding, it can solve all your disagrement above. you can have better graphics, better AI, more lore friendly stuff, and so on.

modding is a real pleasure, and for me, it's better than playing, now. but it's only because i know the game in its totallity.

10 ) for the miscelaneous issue, we'll wait to know what you want to say.

You tell 'em!

nobody is forcing you to play oblivion, if you dont like it, then you are perfectly welcome not to like it, but this area is mostly for its dedicated fans, so this may not have been the wisest place to post this-you risk causing a violent forum riot. I once saw some poor nerd flamed to within an inch of his life for saying he disliked fallout on a similar forum. just a warning, i may be level headed enough to see critique as a chance for improvement, but not a lot of fanboys do.

I think Oblivion has a lot going for it, the rpg elements are unpolished and unfinished, the level up system is unimpressive, furthermore I think the dialogue is aweful, the characters lack personality and some of the lore is a bit... odd. But the game is simply fun, it is entertaining to play it, if you can learn to build a strong character, get the right enchantments and get to level 40 without saying "phaow dis ees bullsh1t, ImA goo pklay drragon-AGE! ftdwtfomfg!" in a texan kiddy drawl then you are in for a fine time with mods: this is the crux of it for me, Ive played a lot of good rpgs, and vanila oblivoon isnt one of them, for me what it is however, is "that mod game" :modded oblivion is in my view one of the most entertaining games of all time, because its whatever you want it to be, if you or someone else can bring their dream into reality, then you can live it here. On one hand you have realism and imersion mods of every stripe, on the other, high fantasy like dwemer skyship by Mr Siikas that add a degree of wonder to tamriel's blank canvas. I could go on, but at core what i love about oblivion is that for me its always in a state of flux, there will always be new things to do, new mods to play, new ways to aproach a puzzle and new lands to explore, ive played dragonage, mass effect, and all those other big names, but oblivion is the only one Im still playing years on, because its the only one with this sort of longevity of replay value, and its also the only one to allow for such a degree of personal choice in what you do. Now, a game of this type isnt for everyone, most people dont like having to search the internet and install mods to essentioaly "build" the game they intend to play, hell, a lot of people arent even smart enough to be able to install a mod in the first place. The simple fact is I love the technical challenge of both building my own mods in oblivion excelent oficial editor, and the added challenge then of making such mods work with my ever growing mountain of esps and omods.

Yes, the editor tends to crash.

Yes, the leveling system severely sucks.

But the editor gave us all the power to change whatever we want..

And I don't see you coming up with anything better either.

All things are easier said than done. Show us something which is perfect, and I'll take back my words. Till then, in my opinion, you just sound ungratefull...

But that's just me!

Lucifer

While I understand why some people dislike the game, many of the points on that are silly.

"Just because a game is photo realistic does not mean it has good graphics."

Erm, yes it does.

Also, this begs the question of why you went on the Oblivion forum at all if you hate the game. You be trollin'

I think the construction set is good, and only craxed one time when i was using it.

And i agree in the part that talks about the daedric armor. At high levels its more common than steel and iron armors.

I only played this game because of the possiblity to do your own mods and the vast variety of mods avalible.

In my opinion even fable is better than morrowind and even oblivion (withouth mods)

But the people that made oblvion should have done a good work from the begining, and not just put an cs avaliable for other people do what they should have done.

Well oh dearie me, you do seem ticked off.

Theres plenty of games out there I don't like / don't rate at all but never once have I felt the need to go to a site and post like you just have, much less a site full of dedicated supporters and folk that spend enormous amounts of time working to make the game better and share those benefits with everyone else, for free.

So it seems that you've posted this here in order to get a certain reaction, and we all know what thats called.

Hope you have a great day and find a game to play that you thoroughly enjoy.

Tatty bye.