I HATE this game!

happytreefri3nds

I think the OP's rant is about vanilla Oblivion. And I think many of us agree that it sucks as an RPG. :yucky: It got too bland and generic and boring. That's why we mod it to hell. And that's where the fun starts. :thumbsup: For me, Oblivion's greatest strength is also it's greatest flaw. It is a great sandbox game at the cost of it losing a more engaging storytelling element.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's best game ever, there are bad sides of the game, but it's perfect. Please, don't make posts like this, it can be insulting to us who play this...I won't go any further...

1:the dialoge is absolute poo. all the races sound the same as each other. and i miss the morrowind dumner voices. i pretty much hate all of their voices. nord/orc and elf is the worst

2: the vanilla female bodys are poo, and i dont believe that every male is going to have 8 pack abs

3: there is a limited amount of body slots

4: all the detailed skills have been raped. short/long blade, spear,axe and blunt have become blade and blunt-with spear even more *banned*

5: the spells dont allow much visual improvement

6: ai is crap and actors show little emotion

now despite that and the fact that the construction set is weird the amount of mods is epic win

1:the dialoge is absolute poo. all the races sound the same as each other. and i miss the morrowind dumner voices. i pretty much hate all of their voices. nord/orc and elf is the worst

2: the vanilla female bodys are poo, and i dont believe that every male is going to have 8 pack abs

3: there is a limited amount of body slots

4: all the detailed skills have been raped. short/long blade, spear,axe and blunt have become blade and blunt-with spear even more *banned*

5: the spells dont allow much visual improvement

6: ai is crap and actors show little emotion

now despite that and the fact that the construction set is weird the amount of mods is epic win

1 - Well, turn your sound off

2 - I don't believe every female has an B-cup to go along with that waist. It's a computer game dude, it doens't have to be realistic

3 - So? Why would you need more? There aren't any pauldrons in Cyrodiil, and a lot of extra stuff can be used through the tail/amulet/ring slot

4 - Doesnt mean you can't fight with those weapons (true, there is no spear)

5 - Have you downloaded midas magic?

6 - The game is 4 years old ;/ And I never played another game that had full cities where everyone was able to come out in the open and process their AI simply because most engines can't handle that. Bethesda found a solution to this, and eventhough its not perfect, you should be happy.

Seriously, this is a fan forum as far as I understood. Why don´t you complain someplace not labeled as fan forum?

I don't want to insult anybody and to start 'fight', but this is for those who have negative (very negative) opinion of Oblivion: This game was released 4 years ago (as TodaY already stated) and since then, THERE WERE NO GAMES AT ALL that offered as this much as Oblivion, so please...There's very huge world (note that you can disable borders and create your own continent in Construction Set) with 8 FULL cities (excluding Kvatch) and almost thousand non-player characters. Engine is NOT perfect, everyones agree, but we don't 'spit it out', Bethesda worked hard to make all of this happened. They made Construction Set, you can't find such a tool for too many RPGs. I think that's the reason they made CS, if there are segments of the game you don't like, just open CS. Also note that some companies MAY have economic issues, which MAY BE the case for Bethesda, I really don't know and I'm not competent to speak about Bethesda Company (note I don't wish to offend this company).

So please, if you don't like Oblivion, uninstall it, find different game and play it. It's not fair to spit on someone's work, you're not competent at all, maybe you can create better?

BlackerrR !!

I think the OP's rant is about vanilla Oblivion. And I think many of us agree that it sucks as an RPG. :yucky: It got too bland and generic and boring. That's why we mod it to hell. And that's where the fun starts. :thumbsup: For me, Oblivion's greatest strength is also it's greatest flaw. It is a great sandbox game at the cost of it losing a more engaging storytelling element.

I could not agree more to this statement. Bethesda just likes to set the roots for a game and let the player base grow the flower.

Ok, so you say that Oblivion doesn't have good RPG elements? Let's pause right there. I want I should show you a list of some rather famous "RPG" style games and you will tell me what zey lack.

1.Final Fantasy

2.Legend of Zelda

3.World of Warcraft

4.Fable

We will start with the Final Fantasy:

Non-linear gameplay? No! It is the same story everytime you play it!

Character Skills? You level, but that just increases your health attack and magic. Lame

Believable actors? Umm no, this goes without saying.

RPG? Nope, glorified "Hack n' Slash" or "Turn based dungeon crawler" depending on episode

Now we move on to Nntendo's shining "RPG" The Legend of Zelda

Non-Linear? Nope, never changes. There's not even really any side quests

Character Skills? You gain a heart from beating a boss. big whoop

Believable actors? Since nobody but that damn fairy ever talks, this is a no

Even the items in the game are linear, booring.

Now, WoW

I apologise to the WoW fans out there but MMO's can never qualify as an RPG. You do a quest, level, get to 30, make a new character, repeat.

Finally Fable,

Storyline is generally set in stone

No skills

Voice actors are so-so

It does have a positive point with the Goog/Evil alignment feature, but otherwise... No, its Hack n' Slash.

Really, there are very few games out there that really qualify for the title of RPG. Oblivion may or may not be an RPG, but it still remains much closer than some of the others. And it has Jean Luc Picard, that in itself is pure win.

Anywhos, I suggest this post dies, as there are a lot of strong opinions being expressed and that is a recipe for disaster. Then the Admins will swoop down, mighty BanHammer in hand, and lay the smacketh down. It's just not worth people getting their accounts banned over something so petty.

Then the Admins will swoop down, mighty BanHammer in hand, and lay the smacketh down. It's just not worth people getting their accounts banned over something so petty.

Althought the image of an extended 'Horsemen of the Apocolypse' style arrival of the Mods and Admin would be something to witness...

And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Dark0ne. And Hell followed with him.