I HATE this game!

happytreefri3nds

1. The link is not mine, I just posted the link for it becuase I agree 100%.

2. I'm not here to say just that I hate Oblivion - I just want u guys to tell me the things u like about it, becuase I just want to have a nice friendly debate :biggrin: .

3. To the dude who said I am insulting them; saying that is insulting me! I never said anything bad to u.

So PLEASE, can u just tell me the things u like about Oblivion :biggrin: .

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I will tell you things I like.

I like the modding abilities - if you want you could replace the enitire Tamriel with something you made yourself

I like the wide options when playing - I haven't yet played another game that didn't force me to kill sruff untill I completed the main quest, and I never played anything that has 4 guilds with entire questlines, and then it even has !30! sidequests

I like wandering through nature - most people never notice this because they fast-travel, and I have to admit I have UL, but Bethesda did a pretty good job on the "nature" meshes and textures

I like the sneak skill - in Morrowind I never knew if someone was seeing me or not :ninja:

I like the distant LOD - renember in morrowind where you could see like 10 metres ahead? uhg.

I like the leveled loot and enemies - sure, it isn't perfect, but I think it's pretty damn close

I like the option to improvement (no, this is not modding) - I have running +200 mods, and rarely experience any chrashes. Oblivion was made to be played 1 time vanilla, and after that you're supposed to mod it to death.

I like the UI - Yes I do. I thought Morrowind's UI really sucked, with thos windows you had to drag around, and you could barely read whatever it was your char was wearing :down:

Good luck hating my fav game ever!

Funny thing is, I agree with 90% of what is in the OPs link, yet I love this game and have been playing it for a year and a half now. I think if we set emotion aside and look at it objectively we'll realize that the reason there are something like 18+ THOUSAND mods for this game and the reason this site exists at all is because there are a lot of thigs we don't like/want to change/want to improve about Oblivion. Doesn't mean the game sucks, quite the opposite. You can't make a game everyone will love but this is as close as you can get, making a game that can be personalized to anyones tastes. The fact that Bethesda created a game and gave the keys to us to make it into whatever we want is a MAJOR win. So long as there is an Elder Scrolls I will be a fan.

-Razorpony

3. To the dude who said I am insulting them; saying that is insulting me! I never said anything bad to u.

I said it MAY BE insulting, yeah, I know I overreacted :mellow: , a bit. :biggrin:

Funny thing is, I agree with 90% of what is in the OPs link, yet I love this game and have been playing it for a year and a half now. I think if we set emotion aside and look at it objectively we'll realize that the reason there are something like 18+ THOUSAND mods for this game and the reason this site exists at all is because there are a lot of thigs we don't like/want to change/want to improve about Oblivion. Doesn't mean the game sucks, quite the opposite. You can't make a game everyone will love but this is as close as you can get, making a game that can be personalized to anyones tastes. The fact that Bethesda created a game and gave the keys to us to make it into whatever we want is a MAJOR win. So long as there is an Elder Scrolls I will be a fan.

-Razorpony

Hear, Hear! I approve of this post!

@Happytreefri3nds

I apologize for suggesting the admins lock your topic. From my perspective, you just seemed like a troll, you had just joined and your first post was smashing the game this site is practically all about. It appeared you just wanted to elicit hostile reactions, which is ultimately the goal of all trolls. But since you are just curious as to why we like this game so much and wish for civil discussion, you are free to do so. Just continue being civil and you will be most welcome on these forums. Thank you

The many errors that was mentioned in the website are correct. However, for some reason, it didn't really affect my gaming experience too much. I mean like seriously, just because exchanging dwemer artifacts suddenly wasn't treason against the empire, doesn't mean I will sit on my chair like a grumpy dwarf and say: "This game sucks! >: ( "

And about the modding; those were just some pointless statements. Mods have NOTHING to do with the game itself. If you modded the game til death, then that doesn't mean that the GAME fails, its the mods.

And about the "dumbed down menu": Okay, so just because a game is very ADVANCED, that means it's good. So the author is trying to tell us that things are only good when they're advanced. If it's just A LITTLE bit easier to use, that instantly means it sucks.

I'm just getting really sad that people can't let go of old good games (here, the writer just couldn't let go of Morrowind) and look forward to new games. It's not like all new games suck. <_<

And what do I like about Oblivion?

Many things actually. The improved movements (I mean like seriously, in Morrowind, do you remember that AWKWARD running and walking? :P).

The environmment. Enough said already.

Many elements that Oblivion has are already used in Morrowind (like reasonable magic-light or whatever it's called).

It's fun! The quests are fun! :P (Just like in Morrwind).

I like both Morrowind and Oblivion! ^_^

@Happytreefri3nds

I apologize for suggesting the admins lock your topic. From my perspective, you just seemed like a troll, you had just joined and your first post was smashing the game this site is practically all about. It appeared you just wanted to elicit hostile reactions, which is ultimately the goal of all trolls. But since you are just curious as to why we like this game so much and wish for civil discussion, you are free to do so. Just continue being civil and you will be most welcome on these forums. Thank you

Well, I'm also sorry I made it unclear. I'll see if I can change the title - 'I HATE this game' doesn't really sound like a civil discussion :biggrin: .

P.S., I cannot stand trolls either.

Well, I'm also sorry I made it unclear. I'll see if I can change the title - 'I HATE this game' doesn't really sound like a civil discussion :biggrin: .

You would have to talk to an admin to do that, and it can be quite a process from what I've heard... You're probably best off just leaving it as is. Most posts kinda die after a week or so. Just make a mental note when you post a topic that the title is basically going to be set in stone. If you really want to know how to make a good post, I'd talk to LHammonds, he has always been a veritable feast of knowledge, especially regarding posts. Have fun on the forums! :tongue:

Oblivion is a very fun game! everyone has there own style of game and oblivion is definetly in my top three! though i dislike the story, i don't ever play it, the mods for this game are incredible and the creativity is unlimited!

though i will be honest, i bought it on xbox and lasted a day, i disliked it alot on the xbox, very boring compared to PC!