Limit unique Ammo to Unique weapon

ThordTV

Hi all, I am sure a simple thing but I just cannot find how to do this.

My mod includes a unique weapon which should use unique ammo. ie Unique Crossbow using Unique Ammo but no other Crossbow able to use that Unique Ammo. Also Unique Crossbow should not be able to use normal bolts.

Unique Crossbow and Unique Ammo created no problems there just how to restrict 1 ammo to 1 weapon.

Any ideas?

Edited by ThordTV

Hi all, I am sure a simple thing but I just cannot find how to do this.

My mod includes a unique weapon which should use unique ammo. ie Unique Crossbow using Unique Ammo but no other Crossbow able to use that Unique Ammo. Also Unique Crossbow should not be able to use normal bolts.

Unique Crossbow and Unique Ammo created no problems there just how to restrict 1 ammo to 1 weapon.

Any ideas?

You could do it by script. Put this the first script on the unique crossbow and the second on the arrow form.

Scriptname MyCrossbow Extends Weapon

Ammo Property UniqueArrows Auto

Event onEquipped(Actor akActor)

If !(akActor.IsEquipped(UniqueArrows)

akActor.UnequipItem(Self, True)
          Debug.Notification("You cannot equip UniqueCrossbow without UniqueArrows!

EndIf

EndEvent
Be sure to fill the property. That script goes on the Crossbow.

Scriptname MyArrows Extends Ammo

Weapon Property UniqueCrossbow Auto

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)

If !(akActor.IsEquipped(UniqueCrossbow))

akActor.UnequipItem(Self, True)
           Debug.Notification("You cannot equip the UniqueCrossbow without the UniqueArrows.")

EndIf

EndEvent
The issue with these scripts is that the player will never be able to equip either because you can't equip them both at the same time. You can try t though.

I don't think there's an OnFire event though, so it's difficult to stop it from firing. You could probably do this with a perk of some sort...

Or just use the first script, in which case people can use the bolts but not the crossbow. Anyway, I can't test any of this because of a broken computer.

I was hoping a script would not be the answer, only because I try to keep them to a mínimum. I haven't got around to writing it yet but it seems I can do something along the liunes of the crossbow enchantment ony works when certain bolts are used or was it enchant the bolts with something saying that the enchantment would only come into effect if used with the custom crossbow. You get the idea I think. Rather like a condition that has to be scripted. Auriel's Bow / Sunburst Arrows are worth looking at.

Either way when I get things working as I like I'll post what I do here just in case someone else gets lost in Google for as long as I did.