ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Is Skyrim V-Ram limited?

OhmesRaht

I would very much like to know if Skyrim is V-Ram limited/capped. I want to know because this is the deciding factor for whether I should purchase 2 780ti's for sli (3 gigs) or the AMD r9 295x2 (8 gigs). If Skyrim is capped at 3-4 gigs for instance, then I will almost certainly go 780 ti all the way, but if Skyrim can make use of the beautiful 8 gigs that the r9 295x2 provides, then I will almost certainly go the Amd route.

Any & all replies very much appreciated.

I would very much like to know if Skyrim is V-Ram limited/capped. I want to know because this is the deciding factor for whether I should purchase 2 780ti's for sli (3 gigs) or the AMD r9 295x2 (8 gigs). If Skyrim is capped at 3-4 gigs for instance, then I will almost certainly go 780 ti all the way, but if Skyrim can make use of the beautiful 8 gigs that the r9 295x2 provides, then I will almost certainly go the Amd route.

Any & all replies very much appreciated.

Well thank you very much for the reply. The depressing thing is that I was aware of the dishonesty involved in the titan and the 690's marketing & should have probably been more suspicious of the r9 295x2. Strangely I had read some very false information in a youtube argument (not a reliable place I know) that involved the explicit claim that sli 780's were deficient because they didn't stack, although the r9 295x2's did. Obviously not the most reliable place for information on hefty purchases, & so again i thank you for correcting my false assumption.