Archive Invalidation undoing itself

Thasic

I am having a strange problem with archive invalidation. I am running 135 total mods including FWE, MMM, EVE and numerous others. I will be playing along just fine, everything looking great, than, as I move from one location to another (such as leaving Megaton or going into a building) I get the dreaded red popsicle/quotation mark that usually indicates I need to run archive invalidation. I close the game run AI and I'm okay for a short while and I get the same darned thing again. What is up? How is it that archive invalidate is re-validating on it's own. My computer is high end but it has never thought for itself before :wink: . Any insights? The game runs fine otherwise, no CTDs, no stutter and usually no red popsicles.

I am having a strange problem with archive invalidation. I am running 135 total mods including FWE, MMM, EVE and numerous others. I will be playing along just fine, everything looking great, than, as I move from one location to another (such as leaving Megaton or going into a building) I get the dreaded red popsicle/quotation mark that usually indicates I need to run archive invalidation. I close the game run AI and I'm okay for a short while and I get the same darned thing again. What is up? How is it that archive invalidate is re-validating on it's own. My computer is high end but it has never thought for itself before :wink: . Any insights? The game runs fine otherwise, no CTDs, no stutter and usually no red popsicles.

those actually indicate missing meshes so is it the same objects that show up as those or is it random

you might need to cut-down or merge some mods.

those actually indicate missing meshes so is it the same objects that show up as those or is it random

you might need to cut-down or merge some mods.

I'm not sure if it's the same items showing red diamonds every time or not. I'll try to note which ones are weirding out next time it happens. Thanks for the reply. Now, about your solution, how do I merge mods?

AI undoing itself mysteriously and automatically

possible nightmare scenario --

are you using windows7/vista

AND did you install to the default directory???

if so is UAC conspiring with your Operating System to give you a Hairball Day???

All good thoughts Fonger. I am using Vista, I did not install to the default directory and I have UAC off. However, I did find that the mod "A Good Hair Day" is the actual culprit. I removed that mod and everything is fine. It may not be that the mod is faulty, I think it is having issues with some of the other massive number of mods I have running. Thanks for the input anyway.