ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

ROth child Broken Steel bug.

Scyris

Alright so I finished the game, go into broken steel now I am stick on the view map thing with rothchild, I've tried all the fixes avail, the unoffical fallout 3 patch etc and nothing has worked. How the hell did this bug get past bethesda? did they even bother to test their poo before they release it? any console command I can get to advance the quest?

I have exactly the same problem, i've tried it with a new career... but nothing works.........

• 1 year later...

slpnot187 - Hello!

I've never had that happen.

From what I can gather, it seems to be certain mods that make changes to Rothchild that can cause this.

Untick all your mods & see if it works fine without them, if it does you'll know it's caused by one of them.

Turn them back on, one at a time checking in between to see if Rothchild still works. That way you'll be able to track down the culprit.

You could try this:

Brokensteel Rothchild Map Dialogue Fix

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6470

But it's best to track down the root cause as I advised above.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

From what I can gather, it seems to be certain mods that make changes to Rothchild that can cause this.

That's a negative. It's not caused by mods. It's just a bug in Broken Steel.

I've had this myself too. There's only been 1 occasion where he decided to continue his dialogue and that was after I more or less pushed him into place.

Personally I always use the console to set the quest to the next stage.

Console command is: "player.setstage XX000802 20" (with xx being the load order position where broken steel is.)

Edited by BlackRampage

BlackRampage - Hello!

"I've had this myself too. There's only been 1 occasion where he decided to continue his dialogue and that was after I more or less pushed him into place."

Really? Never happened to me! :)

Now Ashur in the Pitt & his "Don't let me keep you"..... very choosey about working!

Sometimes I sail through that but occasionally he sticks.

Prensa