Life after Vegas

Nadin

Will we still have a large modding community after new vegas is released?

Or will FWE, FOOK, XFO, MK2, WMK, and all the others have been in vain?

I know I'll still be diverting most of my attention to fallout 3, but what about everyone else?

Will we still have a large modding community after new vegas is released?

Or will FWE, FOOK, XFO, MK2, WMK, and all the others have been in vain?

I know I'll still be diverting most of my attention to fallout 3, but what about everyone else?

Since Bethesda updates their Gambryo Engine about as often as the Ghostbusters revamp their hearse - or the Blues Brothers supercharge their Buick - I'm pretty sure most of these mod on FO3 will port over to Vegas fairly quickly.

I haven't worked for or with the Fook guys, but they are like lightning when it comes to their dedication. When Project Brazil comes out - if I miss my set deadline of "before New Vegas," I'll port all my resources over. Until I hear about a GECK 2.0, I'll assume it's possible, as long as Vegas keeps up with the .esm/.esp system. After reading up on the issue, I'm sure that all I have to do it port the necessary .bsa files over, along with re-directing to the new esm. If not, the community will find a way to patch Vegas to use Fo3 resources to update.

Until I hear about a GECK 2.0, I'll assume it's possible, as long as Vegas keeps up with the .esm/.esp system. After reading up on the issue, I'm sure that all I have to do it port the necessary .bsa files over, along with re-directing to the new esm. If not, the community will find a way to patch Vegas to use Fo3 resources to update.

many asumptions.

it is very likely that everything is pretty much invalidated between the games. esp/esm comes from morrowind. Doesn't mean that Oblivion and F3 esp/esms are compatible.

the engine will probably have changes made.

unless vegas is basically a mod of F3(which i don't think it is....) it'll all be as compatible as oblivion and F3. or there abouts.

will i move to vegas? Only if I get 3ds nif support. :D

then I'll likely port all my latest assets. if its not so far different, then i'll just carry on, on the new platform.

Man thats going to be a lot of exporting... :yucky:

I doubt there will be much change. Vegas will probably just be a big expansion minus the FO3 story and characters. The crew behind it isn't known for changing the architecture of a game. All items and file types will remain the same, but as far as using the same building resources (walls, doors, etc..) I think we'll have to rebuild any locations. All in all it is the "quick buck" maneuver. Bethesda is cranking out Brink and someone else has the opportunity to make some money using a prefab system. Win/Win, why not?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm as fickle as an alley cat.

I've already got some MP3s of a girl saying "Viva Las Vegas, baby!" to make .lip files with. :P

If they release a New Vegas GECK, I hope it makes good audio dialogue.

Bethesda is cranking out Brink and someone else has the opportunity to make some money using a prefab system. Win/Win, why not?

Bethesda is also a publisher as well as a developer. They are not developing Brink. only publishing. their Dev team is hard at work on a different project...

Will F03edit work with vegas?

No one knows.

I reckon it will have some functionallity straight away. if not, then I would guess that it will have its own version sometime after NV is relz.

Ah but you make a mistake, New Vegas is being worked on in a sort of joint operation! They have combined their powers to form a super elite..err.. exceptional team of game creators. I forget the second companies name but, I assure you, you will be happier. Alot more specials and alot more dynamic action, though I doubt gambryo has been updated. Probably pushing it to the limits like STALKER and the big feet issue..

Well, right now we are defianetly going to start modding new vegas, but we will continue to mod fallout 3, even after it is released, I am sure of it. Fallout 3 is just to epic to give up on, and so even though we`ll be modding New Vegas, Fallout 3 will still thrive!