Life after Vegas

Nadin

Well, right now we are defianetly going to start modding new vegas, but we will continue to mod fallout 3, even after it is released, I am sure of it. Fallout 3 is just to epic to give up on, and so even though we`ll be modding New Vegas, Fallout 3 will still thrive!

That's what I wanted to hear. Just a little worrying on my part.

I personally gave up on FO3 and am waiting for New Vegas's Minor if any engine and gameplay mechnaic updates and a FO3/NV type of MorroBlivion I'm getting everything ready to be ported to the NV Gamebryo. So just hoping it will be open and a FO3 port will be made so it will be like an updated FO3 =]. Unless NV fails I've backed off FO3 or at least the current release of Gamebryo.

The fact they have ironsights means either they've gone and sized all guns of the same animation type the same or added a LOT more flexibility to animations, at the very least with the different weapons we're seeing we will get a dozen different han d positions (at a minimum), or we could get the ability to shift a weapon by co-ordinates for ironsights (the easiest way to add lots of different weapons of differing sizes) or maybe we'll get a lot more animation sots or (pipe dream incoming!) we'll be able to add new weapon animations on top of the existing ones (and have co-ordinate based ironsights).

Something has to change for them to deliver as advertised, the question is how much.

Hopefully they do update animation control. They need to overhaul at least 1 of the main gameplay mechanics whether it be animations/lighting/stability/AI/Weather etc. other wise its just another expansion of FO3 where only people who play consoles are actually getting anything new because all the new features I've seen have already been made possible with mods with the exception of the useless new VATS attack fore (which in my opinion is wasted code and resources)...i wouldn't even be surprised if they just cut/pasted code from some mods here on the nexus either...

ATM New vegas looks like they got RH_Ironsights, Weapon Mod Kits, Simple Needs and the Desert theme, then made a new worldspace. Something needs to change. Something BIG, something COOL. (animations/lighting/stability/AI/Weather) lighting doesn't bother me overly, stability is a given, i've figured out a way to keep my FO3 relatively stable and here's to hoping it isn't needed with New Vegas. Animations are a big thing. They REALLY need to be changed. Weather is meh, weather has been done by several mods. Personally I want better physics, that'll lead to stufflike vehicles and other improved things, but we need the physics first.

.....I just realized we're better at Bethesda's job than Bethesda. Rather than pay for Vegas, we should all give them 60 bucks to allow us to have a go at the source code. The end result would probably be much better....

.....I just realized we're better at Bethesda's job than Bethesda. Rather than pay for Vegas, we should all give them 60 bucks to allow us to have a go at the source code. The end result would probably be much better....

bethesda probably don't have those rights. their engine is a based on the gamebryo engine. but it is heavily modified, and specific to bethesda, . + all kinds of middleware. it's probably a nightmare to even comprehend getting around all that to let modders at source.

not that there would be anything in it for bethesda, even if it was possible and they wanted to.

if you want to mess with a sdk, there is always udk. which is basically the benchmark anyway...