I need help creating characters. Yes, seriously.

Chaotic16

I think that *the key" to create perfect face is in complexion and and how much old it is. For complexion, I always set to around 60% - 70% and I set age to 20% - 40%. If it's set *wrongly*, you can't create perfect face (I mean kind of look you like).

I personally just use the Corean race mod (I'd link it but nexus is down at the moment). In my opinion, it's the cutest one with the most normal looking face, and there's a dark elf Corean too. Argonians and Khajit don't suffer those problems since their faces aren't humanoid anyway, so if I'm creating a human-ish character, I stick with Corean's.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7442/screenshot11i.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How strange. I seem at odds with the community at large here; I don't have much trouble making a good face with vanilla, and I would never use Cute Elves and the like because I loathe 'cute' elves and the like.

I don't face much troubles with making character too. And I always use Imperial, I can't imagine playing another vanilla or moded race, and I'm always male.

How strange. I seem at odds with the community at large here; I don't have much trouble making a good face with vanilla, and I would never use Cute Elves and the like because I loathe 'cute' elves and the like.

I don't face much troubles with making character too. And I always use Imperial, I can't imagine playing another vanilla or moded race, and I'm always male.

I usually use Redguards or Dark Elves. I like my characters to be badass, rather than cute. Partially because making them look cute would be much harder than making them look badass (messing aroud with the brow, cheeks and mouth seem to be most effective), and partially because making them look cute would be stupid. If I'm cutting a bloody swathe through the planes of Oblivion, I want a character that looks like they shoud be there, rather than someone that looks like they've just walked out of a Tokyo fashion shop.

• 4 weeks later...

Good thread. I was going to post something similar as a new thread but figured someone would be discussing it already.

So far a lot of things posted here have helped me considerably, so thanks for everyone showing tips and such.

Also, a general rule for faces is that masculine faces tend to be oval-shaped while feminine faces are shaped like an upside-down egg. (Most of you know this already)

My technique? Click "randomize" until something comes up that looks decent, then mess with the hair, age and complexion; maybe screw with a couple sliders if something looks off in a straightforward-to-fix.

That's the casual gamer in me; I'm not as obsessive as a lot of people. Just something to note.

It took forever to make the character I've been playing as for four years. I don't use any character altering mods, all vanilla, and I wasn't aiming for anything "cute" or the like, but it still took an eternity. I hate how you get something like the jaw just the way you want it, but when you move a completely unrelated slider such as the eyes, it messes up the jaw! I's frustrating! Or, the front view looks fine, but once you turn the character it's :blink: :(