Floating above the floor slightly?

Is it me or do characters appear to be floating above the ground slightly? When you level the camera in third person mod to the ground, it looks as if characters are floating above it about an inch. I never really noticted it until today when I was messing around with the camera angles. Is that normal?

Is it in a specific place or is it everywhere? I've had some qualms with collision myself. You can see it regularly when you put plates on a table, but I haven't seen anything like that on NPC's.

Is it in a specific place or is it everywhere? I've had some qualms with collision myself. You can see it regularly when you put plates on a table, but I haven't seen anything like that on NPC's.

Well so far it's just been in IC and the shops, but I haven't gone else where yet.

It's normal.

It just means the collision mesh of the model you're standing on is slightly out from the polygons themselves. I suppose you could edit that in nifskope if you really wanted to.

I just find it to be one of those little things that all video games have in some form or another, that aren't quite right, but don't really hurt anything either.

It's funny because as long as I've been playing and modding this game, I've never really noticed it. I saw that the carpets were always slightly up because the bottom of your feet would go under the mesh, but I never saw that it was done with the actual toon too.

Carpets go through objects. If you drop a quill on a carpet it will sink into the carpet.

The thing that makes objects to float is that their meshes include a bit of that empty space, in other words a bit of air.