What mod gives Skeleton Guardians > 2000 Health?

GrailQuest

My character is level 8. The Skeleton Guardian is level 14. Why does it have over 2000 Health?

I am using Mart's Monster Mod, but not every Skeleton Guardian has over 2000 Health -- others have ~150 or ~220, presumably depending on the level at which they spawned. Also, there is nothing in between -- the Health just suddenly jumps to 2000. There aren't any walking around with, for example, ~1000 Health.

I am wondering if it isn't some sort of glitch in Wrye Bashing or if some other mod is messing up the spawns.

My Oblivion mods and reviews

My Oblivion Screenshots

fantasy-art.tel

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4670881079_dd42192063_b.jpg

Have you looked through your mods with TES4Edit? That can help you track down the offending mod fairly fast.

"Dead link" on TESNexus when I tried to download it today.

Even if I find what might modify the Skeleton Guardian (RefScope says it is defined in Oblivion.esm), it's not guaranteed that whatever mod is doing this actually changes the Skeleton Guardian record. It might be some glitch by a mod that gives actors a token to do things (e.g., I believe Attack and Hide Easier does this). Or maybe a global script.

I'm a bit suspicious of MMM because it seems to be able to put creatures in non-Vanilla worldspaces that are completely new Internal cells from other mods.

My Oblivion Screenshots

fantasy-art.tel

"Dead link" on TESNexus when I tried to download it today.

I hate it when that happens. Try downloading the TES4Edit_2_5_3 file. it worked for me a minute ago.

Even if I find what might modify the Skeleton Guardian (RefScope says it is defined in Oblivion.esm), it's not guaranteed that whatever mod is doing this actually changes the Skeleton Guardian record. It might be some glitch by a mod that gives actors a token to do things (e.g., I believe Attack and Hide Easier does this). Or maybe a global script.

RefScope will only tell you which mod something comes from. It won't tell you if another mod alters it. Since the creature in question is from the Oblivion.esm, the culprit could still be any mod you have. For instance, let's say I made a mod that gave Skeleton Guardians a Summon Dremora spell. Let's say you download this mod and click on a Skeleton Guardian with RefScope. RefScope will say it's from the Oblivion.esm, even though my mod is the one that changes it. TES4Edit is a better way to check for this kind of thing.

I'm a bit suspicious of MMM because it seems to be able to put creatures in non-Vanilla worldspaces that are completely new Internal cells from other mods.

Creatures are spawned from Leveled Lists. The higher your level, the more creatures there are that might spawn. MMM alters the vanilla leveled lists, so any mod that uses vanilla leveled lists will now have MMM creatures in it.

I hate it when that happens. Try downloading the TES4Edit_2_5_3 file. it worked for me a minute ago.

I looked at it with TES4Edit, and it says only MMM and Haunted House 1.5 are modifying it, although the records don't appear changed at all from vanilla Oblivion, except that MMM runs some kind of script on them.

The level offset of PC+6 means the skeleton guardians in the screenshot have the correct level.

Vanilla skeleton guardians have 170 health, and that is what shows for "Health" for the skeleton guardians when they appear in TES4Edit.

However, the skeleton guardians in the screenshot have 170 Health PER LEVEL.

At this point I'm wondering if this was intentional by MMM or a typo by one of the mods. Since there's a level offset, static health at 170 doesn't seem like the correct choice.

My Oblivion Screenshots

fantasy-art.tel

That's the problem. In the vanilla game, the PC Level Offset flag is not checked, which means that the skeleton's health is static (won't increase as player levels up). If the skeletons in your screenshot have 170 Health per level, that means the PC Level Offset flag is checked. That is likely a simple typo in whichever mod changed that. Load MMM and see if that's the one changing it and deselect the flag if it is. If not, then Haunted House is the culprit.

He used that already. RefScope only tells you where a base object comes from, not what mods affect it. The skeletons are part of Oblivion.esm, but they are being modified in some way by MMM and Haunted House, which Refscope does not reveal.

Still good advice, though.

That's the problem. In the vanilla game, the PC Level Offset flag is not checked, which means that the skeleton's health is static (won't increase as player levels up). If the skeletons in your screenshot have 170 Health per level, that means the PC Level Offset flag is checked. That is likely a simple typo in whichever mod changed that. Load MMM and see if that's the one changing it and deselect the flag if it is. If not, then Haunted House is the culprit.

He used that already. RefScope only tells you where a base object comes from, not what mods affect it. The skeletons are part of Oblivion.esm, but they are being modified in some way by MMM and Haunted House, which Refscope does not reveal.

Still good advice, though.

Sorry, I didn't know he already tried Ref Scope (RS). But RS gives a lot of information, like view equipment, AI Packages, Basic info etc...Maybe you should check every option RS offers. If it bothers you so much, you can use console command:

First, activate Skeleton via Ref Scope, view his attributes and see how much endurance he has (I 'think' that strength can affect creature's health, so check that too). After that, open console, click on skeleton and type "getav endurance (or strength) *here goes some reasonable number, like "your endurance (or strength) + 5 for example* ". I 'think' you can also type "getav health *number*", but I haven't tested it.

Anyway, visit this page, it might help.