ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Swords on the back

eLucifer

Can someone make a mod so we can carry our swords at our backs, aka the cool way?

What, the "It takes me 2 seconds longer to draw from here but I like it because it hides the fact I have an inadequate amounts of rifle?" It's a stupid idea to sling a sword there, they're worn on the left hip so you can get to them with your right hand quickly...

You forgot Samurai and Ninja and many other Asian countries with a history of swords.. admittedly yes.. most Samurai wore paired swords on the side...

It's done for a reason. It's easier to get to and most convenient, it's why pistols are worn in roughly the same place. A rifle or long gun there would be cumbersome as they both weigh more and take up a lot more volume, hence if you can the preferred position for a weapon is on your hip, within easy reach. Hell, if it's in a scabbard on the left as you draw it you block to the front, which can be turned into a slashing motion. Handy or what?

depends on character style. Stealth characters would more likely carry two short blades on their backs, also throwing weapons were carried numerous locations, back being one.

Also I'd like to see swords on the back so I have my waist open for pistols, and carry the rifle. To go in order for fight, rifle for long range, pistols when they get closer, and swords if they get to melee.

You forgot Samurai and Ninja and many other Asian countries with a history of swords.. admittedly yes.. most Samurai wore paired swords on the side...

Right but again that had to do more with sword length than anything else. I'm no sword historian but i believe the ones carried on their backs where not katanas as everyone thinks, but where called (i think) odachi's. I think a lot of the back sword carrying thing is due to movies and popular "ninja lore". Many fighting styles actually rely on the sword being carried at the hip.

The swords in question are the" No Dachi, Daito,Wakizashi, Tachi,and Shoto" often times a Samurai would side wield a Daito and Shoto... or Daito and Wakizashi. the Katana was FAR less employed than most people think.On occasions where a Samurai was engaged in a forward scouting mission. he/she would often employ and over the back paired sheath carrying 2 Wakizashi or with a single No Dachi, oft times.. in battle the Samurai would carry two Shoto on their back and a Tachi No Dachi or Katana at the waist.

Sorry for the Japanese weapons history lesson..

(Quite skilled with the Bo and Short Bo and Sword. I also love the Tanto and Kubotan...One of these days I'll learn to use the Naginata)