Is it possible for a person who was banned here to be redeemed?

SpellAndShield

I think I know who you are talking about.

If he is contrite about that would he also be contrite about calling me a "newb" and accusing me of attempting to "stuff it up with nasty comments"?

Specifically since it was my sole intention to provide people with a bug warning on these mods and point out that the author may have had good reason for not wanting them posted.

I think I know who you are talking about.

If he is contrite about that would he also be contrite about calling me a "newb" and accusing me of attempting to "stuff it up with nasty comments"?

Specifically since it was my sole intention to provide people with a bug warning on these mods and point out that the author may have had good reason for not wanting them posted.

I don't want to get involved in any conflicts but I like(d) that person...and everyone makes mistakes. I was just asking how a person could be redeemed here.

I have no conflict with the person involved at all, in fact I quite liked him as he attempted to help me out previously.

My only concern would be that in this particular case his attitude left a lot to be desired which may have contributed to his ban.

I would add that all bans on any forum are at the discretion of the moderators so I would advise you to appeal directly to them, or alternately the person in question could appeal directly.

I have no conflict with the person involved at all, in fact I quite liked him as he attempted to help me out previously.

My only concern would be that in this particular case his attitude left a lot to be desired which may have contributed to his ban.

I would add that all bans on any forum are at the discretion of the moderators so I would advise you to appeal directly to them, or alternately the person in question could appeal directly.

I cannot appeal. It is against the rules to question moderator decisions but I did ask if it would be possible for said person, if contrite, to be unbanned. That's all I can do without being banned myself.

Character attributes like being troll are not to be changed. The troll simply moves on after his 'execution', usually due to an ad hominem (esp. in debates) and makes other ppl unhappy elsewhere. He's always self-opinionated without any ability to learn except one experience he'd made in the past - that folks are easily to be hurt by an argumentum ad hominem. That makes him temp. strong and the others weak. So the moderator was born...

Character attributes like being troll are not to be changed. The troll simply moves on after his 'execution', usually due to an ad hominem (esp. in debates) and makes other ppl unhappy elsewhere. He's always self-opinionated without any ability to learn except one experience he'd made in the past - that folks are easily to be hurt by an argumentum ad hominem. That makes him temp. strong and the others weak. So the moderator was born...

We was not a troll, by any means. He was very helpful, encouraging and nice. Yes, I agree he made a mistake but he certainly not a troll.