We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Can you survive as a marksman ?

DuckThor21

My very fist Oblivion character was dark elf dunmer with marksman as his main fighting skill. He survived just fine and by the time I was done playing with him, he reached level 42 from what I remember. It depends a lot on the way you play the game. :smile:

You can always turn the difficulty slider farther

That would just mean that it would take more arrows to make a kill. As your experience comes from the number of shots that you take and not the power of the arrow itself you would get more experience for the same risk. You can also take Marksman, Sneak and Alteration as secondary skills so that you don't rise too quickly in the game.

Rabbit

Wow.. I just woke up this morning and seen how may replies... Ok. First of all thanx for the replies and the advice. 2nd of all Rabbit51 you just named a really nice challenge. Spell caster or Melee Fighter. I will look into that. I was just curious if any of you tried living out of the marksman thing. i prefer a good old enchanted blade tearing through the cavity of my enemy's chest ;D . If you have any more ideas please name them :)

I liked being a marksman in vanilla, I found swords to boring and although I liked hammers, They weighed to much, and spells took too long to be able to use good ones, (Not very patient) So I used the bow!!! I love the bow more than any other weapon, and as such, I can officially say, that you can go the whole game without so much as touching a sword, (Unless its for a quest or something)

This makes me want to try a new character, I've never really played as a marksman. Would you guys reccommend the standard class or making your own class, I would definitely want the alchemy skill as its a great way to make money too!

If you mean attack 100% of the time with a bow, then yeah, it's very difficult. Only really at the beginning though. Later on, when you start to collect more money, being a marksman has ridiculous advantages over some other play styles. Enchanting and poison are power points for the 8th level and so forth, but if you find a decent already enchanted bow, you won't have to go through the mages guild (which I usually end up doing with all of my characters...). When I had the 360 version, I found a, Inferno Bow or something of that caliber and went to town with it for days.

So yeah, marksman is definitely playable.