Can you still free Fawkes after Raven Rock?

Warkupo

Hello, this is my first time playing Fallout 3, and when upon entering Vault 87 and blasting super mutants all over the place I came across Fawkes, who asked me to release him so that he could help me retrieve the GECK. I was unable to find the necessary terminal so I went up to the Science Lab area, or whatever it is named, and was trying to look for it there when I came to a highly irradiated room. After popping some pills I went in and grabbed the GECK myself, and began leaving to try to finish rescuing Fawkes... Except that I was captured by the Enclave before I could do so.

My question then; Is it still possible to retrieve Fawkes from his cell after being captured or does he die of starvation or some such? My last save was just at the entrance of Little Lamplight, and while I'm willing to go through the whole thing again, I'd rather not have too.

LOL I have never heard of the game killing any NPC's from "starvation".

*SPOILER*

Whether or not you add Fawkes as a companion, the Enclave shows up and captures the player.

If you did add Fawkes as a companion, you will find him fighting Enclave troops just outside the entrance (exit really) to Raven Rock. At that point you can either have him rejoin your party or not. If you choose not too add him, he will go to the entrance of Underworld and wait indefinetly.

I do not recall if Fawkes is outside Raven Rock if the player did not add him as a companion prior to being captured. If he is not there, then he will either be in vault 87 somewhere or waiting for the player at Underworld.

Hope this helps and best of luck Warkupo!

• 2 weeks later...
Fawkes waits outside Raven Rock if you collected him as a follower or not. Then, he will greet you and ask to join you. You may then exept or turn him down. As for the topic question, use the console command (Look at the above posts) or wait a few day's, and Fawkes will reset to the Underworld. It would be a shame if none of this worked, and one day you are walking through the wastes when you see the dead Fawkes lying on the ground :(