waaagh! your favorite battle in gaming

Vindekarr

A good part of the fun of a lot of video games, new and old, is the fighting, and years past have given many of us a lot of fond, pixelgore soaked memories, I for one will never forget stoving that warboss' head in with my Thunder hammer the first time in DOW II, the spectacular one-off kill animation, and a good bossfight really made me feel like I had won a significant battle, that and, the noise thunder-hammer-meeting-skull produces is a timeless one for me. other than that I'll never forget that time I got every guard in the imperial city to chase me, then took them all on at once, alone, with my faithful rapier and smith & wesson 500 custom, thanks to DR5 it literaly painted the market district red, though at the I was left unscarred, standing atop a pile of dead guards deep enough to slow even my mighty quadcore. Those are some of my favorites, but what are yours?

A good part of the fun of a lot of video games, new and old, is the fighting, and years past have given many of us a lot of fond, pixelgore soaked memories, I for one will never forget stoving that warboss' head in with my Thunder hammer the first time in DOW II, the spectacular one-off kill animation, and a good bossfight really made me feel like I had won a significant battle, that and, the noise thunder-hammer-meeting-skull produces is a timeless one for me. other than that I'll never forget that time I got every guard in the imperial city to chase me, then took them all on at once, alone, with my faithful rapier and smith & wesson 500 custom, thanks to DR5 it literaly painted the market district red, though at the I was left unscarred, standing atop a pile of dead guards deep enough to slow even my mighty quadcore. Those are some of my favorites, but what are yours?

Devil may cry I, When you fight the final boss.

And Devil may cry III, when you fight virgil on the mile high tower

Hmmm tough call for me,but I would have to say the Gandolf/Gannon battle at the end of OoT. My other choice would have to be fairly recent would be killing Arthas in WoW for the first time such an epic character from Warcraft III, even though he was villain he remains one my favorite video game characters of all time.

I loved the fight against Bonecrusha in Dawn of War 2. Throw a few satchel charges, detonate, retreat for reinforcements, and then repeat for 20 minutes. It was a fun fight, and the reward was some awesome Terminator armor.

Favourite battle... It'd have to be fighting the real Dark Genie at the end of Dark Cloud. It was the first game I had properly played through to the end and also the first huge battle I had. He'd land, I'd run up to him as Toan, slash him a couple of times, retreat and switch to that genie girl, blast him until he landed, rinse and repeat.

OR, it's be the battle against Tartarus in Halo 2. That was pretty epic.

I loved the fight against Bonecrusha in Dawn of War 2. Throw a few satchel charges, detonate, retreat for reinforcements, and then repeat for 20 minutes. It was a fun fight, and the reward was some awesome Terminator armor.

Yep a lot of battles in that were awesome.

Specially when Gabriel shows up with the rest of the chapter.

"Drop pods away!"

hell yeah, the ulkair fight was good too, on primarch you had to get pretty sneaky because he could one hit any squad-so you had to get devious, what i ended up doing was using Thule to keep him stunned while pelting him with various cyrus bombs and beating on him with my meltagun, it was crazy tough, but damn, DOW2 had some epic fun bosses

hell yeah, the ulkair fight was good too, on primarch you had to get pretty sneaky because he could one hit any squad-so you had to get devious, what i ended up doing was using Thule to keep him stunned while pelting him with various cyrus bombs and beating on him with my meltagun, it was crazy tough, but damn, DOW2 had some epic fun bosses

Plus the predator tanks =3

I love big battles where the player can join in, so in no particular order:

Zone of the Enders 2 - the part where you need to destroy hundreds of mechs and save your comrades at the same time... epic!

Ace Combat 5 - Razgriz vs. Belkan Aces

Kingdom Hearts 2 - final boss battles'... my sister played it, I got (forced) to finish it. I enjoyed it though.

???? 2: Crimson Butterfly - sorry, I forgot the title. A japanese ghost/horror game my girlfriend plays, I'm the mandatory boss slayer. The game freaks me out!

I love big battles where the player can join in, so in no particular order:

Zone of the Enders 2 - the part where you need to destroy hundreds of mechs and save your comrades at the same time... epic!

Ace Combat 5 - Razgriz vs. Belkan Aces

Kingdom Hearts 2 - final boss battles'... my sister played it, I got (forced) to finish it. I enjoyed it though.

???? 2: Crimson Butterfly - sorry, I forgot the title. A japanese ghost/horror game my girlfriend plays, I'm the mandatory boss slayer. The game freaks me out!

I belive you are talking about Fatal Frame II