My (hopefully) last problom in modding =)

Heres my last problom in my 100's of hours of modding before i can go have some fun. =)

Ive had lots and lots of attempted fixes of my light sources creating lag probloms, but, im giving up. No one really knows whats going on. If you want to help me with the root of problom and your a pro thats cool too but heres whats been done to try to stop it, and when the problom happens.

You can skip this part if you dont know what to do here.

- Computer engine handles 1600 x 900 resolution with large textures amazingly, i can fight 25 gaurds outside with qarls optimized and reduced with high resolution LOD with no lag or stutters.

- My computer cannot handle fighting 2 gaurds in a 10 x 10 cell when one is holding a torch ='(.

- Nothing to do with my mods, ive done no light flicker, no difference at all. It happens on lower graphic settings as well. I use HDR but it works even less on bloom, a quick example --- Ruins Tail Tale a awsome mod, remember when that tavern caught on fire? O noes =(. I walked outside and looked at the dark forest, awsome FPS around 30-33 , then i turn around and look at the flames... awsome FPS around 2-4. And its the same story on all graphics, ( if i dip into god awfull territory with 600x600 ish and low textures its tolerable, but again my fps then is around 60 before looking at the flames, it still drops to 15-19.

Well thats the root of the problom.

Since i gave up on fixing that heres what i can do to make my game playable =).

- downloaded http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6947 witch makes spells not have lights. ( even tho i can cast a fireball without this with a fine FPS )

- The FPS goes down noticbley whenever i walk by anyone with a torch, witch is alot, i think this is added by my FCOM set up, if i can make actors not carry torches anymore, im sure i could live with my game, ill just have to disable lights in places with too many.

- The lag doesnt seem to alwase happen on all fire light sources, i can walk down a hallway with 20 some torch lights hanging from the roof fine, i cant walk into a room with 20 candles. It seems like when the light had to light up more things around it it has more lag, so one gaurd with a torch dips my fps a little, 1 gaurd carrying a torch with 3 people around him murders my FPS.

If i can disable torches on actors it would be.. slightly ok.. in a way.. i guess. Any thing else that might help would be cool =). Any help at all would be nice!...!

Ive never done any thing like that before.. but ill look into it. I dont think i have a good enough power supply to up my graphics card, it would be a big hassle and i dont think i need to.

Ill try reinstalling my graphics driver ( not sure how but ill google it up ), I wouldnt be posting here if i though my problom was the graphics card being to low, its that it can actually handle me getting into a full fledged gaurd fight in the middle of the market district, better then it can handle me walking by two gaurds holding torches next to each other.

The FPS drop from lights shouldnt be that extreme, i was walking in leyawin fighting 3 -5 people using with my visually enhanced magic effect sword just fine, and then my FPS droped, i was confused looked around and saw a gaurd outside a tower 100 feet away with a torch out, then after a few seconds he put it away and i could play again. Its a really bad problom.

Its not any wear near that extreme if i use a torch my self tho.

Again though, i could live with this if i could stop gaurds from taking out torches.

I've never had that big of a drop even when using:

2.8ghz dual core CPU

2GB RAM

250GB HDD

ATI Radeon HD3650 AGP 8X

Windows XP sp3

and using a few texture packs.

Nothing should be wrong with your hardware setup. Something is wrong with your software, either how Oblivion is setup, your graphics driver, or Windows 7.

experimentally . . .

rebuild your bashed patch (one presumes you are using wrye bash)

and activate its "no lights flicker" option.

if that doesn't help, further experiment by turning off both HDR and Bloom (lighting effects in game video settings)

Im going to give a update for people who want to help.

Fonger, my description was kinda long and confusing but the gist was if tried all mods and all oblivion graphics settings and looked at the results, and am only looking for a fix for lights overall, or if nothing else, a way to get gaurds to stop using torches. ( No light flicker is being used, but it hasnt showed any results ). Changed from HDR to BLOOM bloom looks like it works worse.

First people should probley know i use Stream Line and Stutter Remover, but streamline FPS smoother is turned off because i let Stutter remover handle the job. FPS allowed by stutter remover 15-35. Only thing used in streamline is cash cleaner and fog.

Ive played around using Fraps to check my FPS in different areas, my FPS usalley goes to 20-25 in areas. If for example i fight one gaurd in the market district, my fps drops to around ehh.. 23 if i fight 15 gaurds and 5 civilians and theres 4 dead bodys i get around 14-17. When i see a gaurd take out a torch it will show my fps drop extreamly fast, to around 20 to around 4-6 if im fighting 2-3 gaurds. Sometimes ill see a torch and it wont show a FPS drop, it will just stutter alot.

I tried going from Large textures to medium textures, and saw no difference, maybe at best 1 more FPS at SOME areas, then went to small textures and got the same affect as medium. Torches crap up the system just as mutch. I went through all the resolutions also and explain that on the original post.

System specs are above.

Ill try TLB command but ive never heard of it, ill tell how it goes soon. And i cant notice a substancial difference if im not looking at the torch, if i walk next to 2 people holding torches it dips down, if i stop and turn around my fps goes back to normal in a second.

OK tried tlb command but it doesnt help and its really buggy, and theres no way i can use that in a real game. It just makes everything super bright even at night and makes grass replace the concreate in the market district.