Help me fix my mini-disaster

I was working on a plugin, and GECK crashed. Nothing new about that. So I re-open it, and right away, something is strange. It turns out that it lost a master file somehow. So I reload it with its master in order to get it back. I know this is too simple and it's not going to work out like I want. I was right. The cell that contains most of my work is now duplicated. There is now the original version from the master file, and a duplicate with only my changes in it. I figure there's some way to fix it via FO3edit, but it's not obvious, and the manual doesn't seem to address a case like this. How can I get my changes out of the dupe cell and back into the original from the esm?

Muchas gracias in advance.

-Q

I was working on a plugin, and GECK crashed. Nothing new about that. So I re-open it, and right away, something is strange. It turns out that it lost a master file somehow. So I reload it with its master in order to get it back. I know this is too simple and it's not going to work out like I want. I was right. The cell that contains most of my work is now duplicated. There is now the original version from the master file, and a duplicate with only my changes in it. I figure there's some way to fix it via FO3edit, but it's not obvious, and the manual doesn't seem to address a case like this. How can I get my changes out of the dupe cell and back into the original from the esm?

Muchas gracias in advance.

-Q

That really sucks because what it sounds like is that your changes have the same EditorID and formID as the master, but load into the Geck as DUP records?

If you look at a normal situation in FO3Edit with an esp that has overrides of a master, you see that the form ID in an override has the SAME FormID as the master. So if you look at your esp/esm pair in FO3Edit, your DUP overrides probably have the first two digits the same as the load order in FO3Edit, instead of the esm. They've been disconnected. Try changing the FormID of overrides in the esp so it matches the esm. New records that aren't in the esm need to be left alone. When you change a FormID, fo3edit will prompt you to update other records that reference it, so it may be possible to fix. This is uncharted territory for me too. And it sounds too easy, also. Back everything up first.

You da man. You understood my problem perfectly, and changing for formID of the cell to the one it was duping seems to have worked perfectly. Kudos to you sir.

edit: well I guess I already gave you one before, so have a virtual e-kudos.

Well somebody else can give the nudge for you.

Especially for a solution to such an exotic problem