What are people's opinions here on Mass Effect 2?

SpellAndShield

I loved it but the awful planet scanning killed any replay value it had, by the time a savegame editor came along allowing resources to be added without the need to for the scanning I'd lost interest. I really wish developers would lose their obsession with mini games, very few are fun the first time you do them and they tend to get very old very quickly.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it continues Keanu the game would lose significance and then the series would end up like EA's sports games. It would leave a bad taste in people's mouths but if they made a spin off then that's ok, there is nothing wrong with that.

I guess your right, but it's just so epic, like one of those game series that you want to continue to prosper until you die and never gets old. If only wishes really did come true.

The second game is good, but it can't hold a candle to the first game in my opinion. The party characters are cool(just like in the first game), the Environments are cool(just like the first game), but that's about all that the second game can equal the first on. The antagonists in the first game were WAY better and the story in general I found to be more interesting. The skill system in ME2 got REALLY streamlined(Frustratingly so). Also, (as previously mentioned) the planet-scanning for resources mini-game was as fun as a gunshot wound. The one and ONLY thing that I thought ME2 did better than its predecessor, is that 85% of the game play wasn't in that Mako thing.

Too much made to go along for people who had first one. No more attributes to upgrade. (there are but they are more of... specialized not general like Armor, Assault rifles etc). I would recommend to play the first game and then second. Much more enjoyable hence you know some characters already.

"If it continues Keanu the game would lose significance and then the series would end up like EA's sports games. It would leave a bad taste in people's mouths but if they made a spin off then that's ok, there is nothing wrong with that."

Commander Shepard's son/daughter anyone??

No?

The second game is good, but it can't hold a candle to the first game in my opinion. The party characters are cool(just like in the first game), the Environments are cool(just like the first game), but that's about all that the second game can equal the first on. The antagonists in the first game were WAY better and the story in general I found to be more interesting. The skill system in ME2 got REALLY streamlined(Frustratingly so). Also, (as previously mentioned) the planet-scanning for resources mini-game was as fun as a gunshot wound. The one and ONLY thing that I thought ME2 did better than its predecessor, is that 85% of the game play wasn't in that Mako thing.

I actually found the entirety, except those scanning mini games to be better.

I liked the approach to combat this time around. Combat didn't feel as if it was tacked on as an afterthought, and the way skills were handled was just pretty damn awesome. In the first game I barely used skills, because, well, it felt tedious. I'm not entirely sure what makes ME2's skills feel less tedious, but it just is easier to use.

I LOVE the ammo thing, I much prefer reloading than having to take breaks in between shooting, or waiting for an overheated gun to cool off.

The characters weren't as varied or fun as ME1, though the ones that carried over from ME1 made a nice comeback. I didn't like Miranda at all. Not one bit. And I was a bit dissapointed with not having Wrex by my side again.

But, on the whole, I found ME2 to be a much more satisfying experience than ME1, and for once I didn't get mad that a game ended on such a cliffhanger note. The game wasn't overly long, but it hit the perfect balance in such a way that I didn't long for some more game time, but actually longed for the next installment.

Also, the plot twist with the Protheans made me kinda sad.

Overall a very strong sequel and a great addition to my collection of games. Barring some continuity issues with plot, I felt the collecters were kinda thrown in at last minute. Now apart from that almost everything was improved combat felt natural, party members were amazing as usual for a bioware game. Yea so a very good game overall and I hope the franchise keeps going!

Overall a very strong sequel and a great addition to my collection of games. Barring some continuity issues with plot, I felt the collecters were kinda thrown in at last minute. Now apart from that almost everything was improved combat felt natural, party members were amazing as usual for a bioware game. Yea so a very good game overall and I hope the franchise keeps going!

As long as EA makes money, it will keep going.

"If it continues Keanu the game would lose significance and then the series would end up like EA's sports games. It would leave a bad taste in people's mouths but if they made a spin off then that's ok, there is nothing wrong with that."

Commander Shepard's son/daughter anyone??

No?

Ha ha, you got me. I guess it will be kind of cheesy, but it is a heavy risk... isn't it?