Mod Armor Texture Problems

nyates

Ok, So I am re-doing Krazyie's Black Templar Armor Mod so it works for 1.03.

So I have it working to the point that it adds all the items to my game. They all show up in the inventory with the right stats etc. The problem is that they dont have textures. It just blacks out my character. Of course. So, I'm thinking that I need to insert the DDS's. I have the textures all saved in PSD format. I also got the plugin for photoshop that allows one to save in DDS format.

I am trying with the icon files first, saving them to DDS with DXT5 format or whatever. And putting them in the override folder. Now in the toolset it is recognizing that the file is there, but not showing an image in the preview thing. Which means apperantly I did something wrong. Anyone wanna throw me a little help?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if its the best way but... its how i do it at least :tongue:

I use gimp with a dds plugin and photoshop. I save the icons by only adding an alpha map (and leaving it in white as it was) and saving as uncompressed and without mipmaps in gimp...

for the textures, you need to save the difuse texture adding an alpha map but leaving it alone. save in dxt5 with mipmaps.

for the normal map. in photoshop duplicate the difuse map 2 times and desaturate them. for the first, add an emboss filter with the light coming from below then copy it and paste it in gimp. then add an alpha map and decompose the image in rgba. in photoshop again, to the other duplicate of your layer, apply another emboss filter with the light coming in 45 degree from below-left and then invert the colors. copy it and paste it in gimp in the alpha layer. recompose the image and save it in dds as the normal map. dxt5 with mipmaps.

for the specular map just desaturate the original difuse map and lighten the "glossier" parts of your texture (like metal) and darken the rougher parts. like skin or fabrics. then paste in gimp, add alpha map, decompose in rgba, paste the same in alpha map and recompose again. save the recomposed image as the specular map and you're done.

dont forget to change all the textures names in your materialobject (.mao) file accordingly.

:teehee: Edit: After reading your post again, I noticed this may not be what you needed haha. but even so, I'll leave it here in case it is.

Edited by raughnut