!!!aarhhh no new elder scrolls game at e3!!!

captainhalfajob

yeah...that was before they purchased ID software and all that.

I'm thinking they might wait until the next-gen consoles come out...but I figure that's going to be quite awhile. Q4 2011 is my best guess if they won't go that route.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Gen systems aren't to be expected until around 2015, I've read a few interviews. If you want info on it, Google it. That's how I catch up. People need to take to mind that if they say there's nothing new, that may just mean that they don't want people to know. If they say there's something new, then they're probably doing well with it.

• 2 months later...
i can't wait for them to release the new elder scrolls i think that oblivion is one of the best games ever made. and i think it should stay a single player game but have an online multiplayer where you can fight other players but they should have it in different areas for the battle grounds like one be in the arena, and another in the woods, and another in in the middle of a town right out in the streets. where you would not only have to worry about the player(s) your fighting but guards as well same thing with while in the woods but random creatures instead of the guards. and i would also like to see better skills and weapons and more realistic movement. like say when you jump off a really high cliff say into a lake or pound or just jumping off a cliff to the ground you should be able to dive or some thing like that instead of always being in the same position. as for classes they should make them better to like if your an assassin or a thief you should have access to better ability's than say if you were a warrior, like being able to hide in the shadows with out any one seeing you unless they actually investigate and say run into you or some thing. and there should be access points into buildings on the roofs which would allow you to climb the building and and sneak in through a window or some thing like that or a trap door kinda thing on the roof that would be bad ass. also they should be able to get better cloths, armor, and weapons . like you should be able to get cloaks, and throwing knifes so if your an assassin while hiding in the shadows if some one starts to check and see if you there you can throw a knife and kill them before they can spot you. and also along with all those things i said about assassin's and thief's they should have skills just for them. EX: a climbing skill, throwing knife skill, along with the already light armor, sneak, security and so on. and there should be special light armor made just for doing those kinda things. and when wearing those types of armor you would get a bones to what ever class you are, so like wearing all assassin's armor you would be able to sneak and picks locks a lot better than if you where wearing say just normal cloths.

also i think you should be able to go to all the other provinces and not just one like in TES lll and lV. like say getting a quest in Morrowind and having to go to Hammerfell, or elsweyr then back to Morrowind to complete it. Ex: you talk to some one and they want you to give a letter to a family member or getting some thing for them that they need that you can only get in one of the other province but they don't have the time to get or they're sick and can't make the trip. or some thing like in the first TES where you have to collect peaces of a staff or some thing similar. and they should have a lot more voice overs than just 6 like in TES 3 or 4. there should also be kids to be more realistic, and some kids can give you quests to, like getting food or stealing some thing like a toy or some thing they need that would help them and there family for poor or homeless children. or even better for a homeless child helping them find there parents cause they lost them or they were taken away by some one. there should also be prison breaks where you have to find a way in to a prison with out being caught to break a person out of jail. or if you have the money just bail them out of jail. or help or give some one enough money so that person can bail them out there self's. when ever you do any kind of a magic every spell should be different instead of just a ball of fire have like a flame throw effect, or some thing like an explosion if to may people are attacking you at once making every one fly back while cause some damage or in some cases killing them on impact. and you should be able to mix spell like ice and lightning freezing them then electrocuting them or any other combo you can think of and more than just 2 spells at a time, another ice and lightning mix's would be some thing like ice shards sticking in to the person then electrocuting them causing them to bleed out cause of the shards and also be burnt from the lightning.

oh yeah with the voice overs they should have big or some what big voice over actors or actual actors like they did in Oblivion for the main characters in the game. and have of course children voice overs and then for the rest of the NPC'S just have a bunch off random people. i guess if they don't have to pay those people then go ahead and do that cause i think that that would make the game even more realistic instead of hearing the same voices over and over again. or just have every one that works on the game and there family members ( for the rest of the NPC's ) do the voice overs. and you should be able to train on any of the training dummies or any thing along those lines of training, but it would be a slower level up so you couldn't just sit there for a long time and raise your level in what ever skill all the way up and the training things would eventually break or some thing preventing you from doing some thing like that. and the caves and dungeons should be a little more different than they are in Oblivion. when i first got the game every time i would find a cave or a mine or fort i would go in a kill every thing and take as much as i could but after a while it got kinda old cause it was pretty much the same thing in every one go in kill who ever is in your way them loot there body and take things from the chests. there should be a lot more variety in each cave, mine,and fort some thing that makes you really want to find the next cave, mine, or fort. maybe some thing like find a cave that no one has been to in hundreds of years and find a full size city when you get deep enough inside. and when i say full size city i mean i would want it to look like your walking in Anvil or Skingrad but just underground. and when ever you find when of these caves like this with a city in it ether make it all ruins or make it a still running city with peole that have jobs, there own homes, some kind of ruler, guards and make the story like a bunch of people a really long time ago made the city so they wouldn't have to live under the imperial rule so they brook away and made there own empire under ground and over time they sealed of the way back to the surface and no one there today even knows what its like on the surface so they just have tails passed down to their children that would make every thing a lot more interesting and i don't think the game would ever get boring

ok last one for now i don't think that all of this would ever make it in the game but its just my thoughts on what would make the game even better than it already is like i said i think that oblivion is one of the best games ever made but if you could do all of that in the new game it would make every thing 100 times better and more enjoyable tell me what you think of some of those things and if you think any of it could ever possibly get in the game