I need help configuring my FO3 settings!

dima446

Hello guys, I just got Fallout 3. I am loving it, however, I am having a little bit 'o fps issues. I run the game on high mode, but idk if that is even what I need to be doing. I noticed that there are advanced graphic tweaking options. I assume I can lower the video setting a bit since I have the 'lessviewdistance' mod, you know, the one that makes fog. Anyhow, I am new to gaming on the computer and I don't know what I should do. I have installed windows xp home edition via bootcamp on my apple macbook pro. Here is some information about my graphics card and whatnot. Intel Core2 Duo CPU P7550 @ 2.26 GHz, 1.7GB RAM, NVIDIA GeFORCE 9400M. I would REALLY appreciate if I could get some suggestions on what settings I should run FO3, or what to do to give it more fps. I don't mind lowering the graphics, as long as it's not too much, I can't stand really low graphics... Anyways, thanks in advance, please reply, make this windows-noob happy. :D

Hello guys, I just got Fallout 3. I am loving it, however, I am having a little bit 'o fps issues. I run the game on high mode, but idk if that is even what I need to be doing. I noticed that there are advanced graphic tweaking options. I assume I can lower the video setting a bit since I have the 'lessviewdistance' mod, you know, the one that makes fog. Anyhow, I am new to gaming on the computer and I don't know what I should do. I have installed windows xp home edition via bootcamp on my apple macbook pro. Here is some information about my graphics card and whatnot. Intel Core2 Duo CPU P7550 @ 2.26 GHz, 1.7GB RAM, NVIDIA GeFORCE 9400M. I would REALLY appreciate if I could get some suggestions on what settings I should run FO3, or what to do to give it more fps. I don't mind lowering the graphics, as long as it's not too much, I can't stand really low graphics... Anyways, thanks in advance, please reply, make this windows-noob happy. :D

believe you need 2 gigs of ram to run it smooth but if you want get 4 gigs of ram thatll be perfect that might sovle the problem or it might not but thats my option to give you hope it helps

Your specs are good. Check out the tweakguide and set your settings as high or low as you want, whatever you like. I suggest turning off grass. It's ugly as all hell anyway. HDR is very much a matter of taste as well.

Also, grab Fallout Stutter Remover, right here on Nexus, since Fallout *will* stutter even on good machines.