Trespassing problem

trissle123

so i was making my own castle house mod by dive rock and i set it as bruma castle keep and i can go inside and i copied the interiors etc..so when i go into the lords manor section and go into the "countess's" bedroom(i set ownership to player) it says i cant sleep in the bed while trespassing. Can anyone help me solve this problem? thanks

You never should making interiors by copying them - mainly because you won't learn a lot by doing that. It seems like you are new to modmaking. Therefore, instead of writing you a solution, I'm gonna link you to a site that has great beginners tutorials: CS Wiki

One way to do this is put The player in BrumaCastleFaction ( player.setfactionrank BrumaCastleFaction 0 ), and then set the bed and all interior cells to this faction also ( setcellownership BrumaCastleLordsManor BrumaCastleFaction )...I had to do this for my Marry Narina mod, so that i was not trespassing on my newly aquired property...But this will affect the Real Bruma Castle also...You might want to create a new faction and set all things including the player to this new faction. Edited by slygothmog

One way to do this is put The player in BrumaCastleFaction, and then set the bed and all interior cells to this faction also...I had to do this for my Marry Narina mod, so that i was not trespassing on my newly aquired property...

Ooh, no don't do that

That is BAAAAAAAAAD

If you really want a solution without clicking the link in my previous post, go to the world tab (workbar at the top of screen), and select cells. It should be at interior y default. Search for your cell, and go to the 3 tab (I can't recall what it's called, something like name I guess). There, set faction owner to none, and set NPC owner to player. The bed itself might have different ownership (because Bethesda like to make stuff hard for us) so double click the bed in your cell view, and go to the ownership tab. If it says non, that's ok. If it doesn't, change it to none. Also, when directly copying a cell, it uses the respawning containers from the vanilla cell - so to prevent your stuff from being "stolen" replace all containers with safe ones (delete the old ones in your cell view, and then go to the containers tab in your object list. There, select some that start with PC and drag them to your cell)

Another solution to the containers respawning is just to change the id and set the Respawns check to have no check mark in it. And if you want remove the items inside. But you MUST remember to change the ID or it will change all the ones ingame. I find that easier than having to replace all of them and place them again.

Another solution to the containers respawning is just to change the id and set the Respawns check to have no check mark in it. And if you want remove the items inside. But you MUST remember to change the ID or it will change all the ones ingame. I find that easier than having to replace all of them and place them again.

Just make new empty containers that do not respawn. Then use 'Search and Replace' to replace all respawning containers with safe ones.(Do not change vanilla containers)

**If you're gonna duplicate interior already exist, though it is easier than build your own from scratch, you have to set ownership and other things to avoid problems.