Better Heads for Oblivion?

dweller3d

Hello

I received my copy of Oblivion a few months ago but never had the chance to install until a week or so ago. I had always thought the characters' faces must be way better than the stock faces that came with Morrowind.

I was a bit disappointed. So now the first thing to do I guess is to replace these faces/heads with better ones, like for Morrowind there's the Better Heads mod. If anyone could suggest/link me to a similar mod for Oblivion that would be great :)

Thanx.

In Oblivion, most of facial features are determined by FaceGen sliders(though the base mesh matters). So, there's no 'real' face mod like Morrowind Better Heads for this game(Morrowind uses static head meshes).

To get better faces:

1. Install Natural Faces or Improved Facial Textures.

2. Get any better facial textures, then install them. They will overwrite skin textures, but not age maps(which can be replaced by NF or IFT).

At least it will make vanilla race actors look better.

And if you want really better looking NPCs, you have to tweak all NPCs' face, and it's really time-consuming work. If you're interested, search for TNR(Tamriel NPC Revamped).

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use Colourwheels'. She made a mod that randomly assigns face gen morphs to all female npc's in the vanilla game and her other mods. Doesn't work in most other mods, but that can be added to anything using the CS. However, doing that means you have 2 .esp's for every quest mod.