AntiAliasing vs ScreenShot

BlackerrR

Hi people, I need help. I hope you will forgive me for my English.

It's quite familiar that, when using Anti Aliasing you can't make ScreenShots even if it's enabled in Oblivion.ini. I really would like to use both. However, there's a way to turn AA on in nVidia Control Panel (mine is 8500 GT), but it stutters much more than when you turn it on in actual Oblivion. I searched through net, but no results.

Have someone found a way to avoid choosing between these 2?

Thanks in ahead, BlackerrR. :thumbsup:

Please try AA in combination with Fraps.

Stuttering is the prize for the forced increase in quality and as such quite normal for cards of fair quality.

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

That's the best thing you can do if forcing AA kills the frame rate. The 8500GT isn't the best card in the universe and AA takes up a lot of processing power. What resolution do you play at?

Please, sorry for my English...

Yeah, I know that 8500GT is not the best card in the world, but turning AA to 2x in Oblivion decrease FPS by 1 or 2, really unnoticeable, but increases quality of textures to at least 3 times . The problems starts if I set Textures to Large (in-game video option), it decreases FPS by 8-9, real FPS killer. I can use texture overhauls (I'm NOT talking about QTP3, since it would destroy my computer) like Bomret's Normal Map Replacer and Vibrant Texture Replacer, which run fine first 15 minutes of gameplay, after that game begins to stutter too much. So, I could play it ONLY if I manually purge cell buffers (pcb command) every 4 or 5 mins. Is there any mod that deoesn't change textures' resolution, but mod that 'sharpens' textures only?

What the?? I just realized this issue after i read this post....same here, i can't make screenshot!

In fact, i changed my computer to a better spec not long ago, to get better screenshots....

I used ATI RADEON HD 5700 series...n i believed it isn't the best card in the universe. i used 1650x1080 resolution...

@zany chimp:

i think it's not a choice...since it will take a lot of time, even to clean up an image...

Or maybe can i use DVD recorder to record the image from the screen, n play it using the DVD player, n then pause the movie to save picture as?

The resolution will decrease actually, n a bit compicated....

Damn...what to do then???

If you are running HDR, you need to for AA on outside of the game; otherwise, your screenshots might be warped. Use your GPU's control panel to set AA. The 8500GT was created when NVIDIA AA support was still dismal, so you use that at your own cost...

Please try AA in combination with Fraps.

Stuttering is the prize for the forced increase in quality and as such quite normal for cards of fair quality.

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

^Lovender, The solution for using AA and still being able to take screen shots...

Download Fraps, run it, start the game, use f10 to take screenshots...

@Tabukuroshi:

Yea, thanks...i downloaded Fraps & it works!!

@Tomlong:

O yea, i'm trying to solve this...bcos in the game-option said that AA can't set together with HDR, so my ultra high resolution still can't be used...

Could u tell me where to find the GPU's control panel?? (Sorry)... ;P

Cos i'm using Windows 7 & i'm NEW to it...

@Tabukuroshi:

Yea, thanks...i downloaded Fraps & it works!!

@Tomlong:

O yea, i'm trying to solve this...bcos in the game-option said that AA can't set together with HDR, so my ultra high resolution still can't be used...

Could u tell me where to find the GPU's control panel?? (Sorry)... ;P

Cos i'm using Windows 7 & i'm NEW to it...

Shoot, I will be knew to Win7 in a few weeks, so I am just as lost as you. You may find a link or something in Albertine's guide. Make a backup if you start trying system tweaks.