Steampunk Oblivion - Recruiting

Shredator

Hey, friends! I'm going to be away from my computer for the majority of the next week, so I won't have time to do major modding - I may try to do a little writing, though, so let me know what needs done. Conversation, texts, history, whatever - I'll be happy to fill in some blanks. I'm making a LOT of progress on the site of the present-day "oldtown," so no one need worry about that right now unless they want to provide me with models (for the windmill, etc.) - I'll post screens hopefully either Saturday or Sunday.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Steampunk Team Members,

I have read over much of this topic and it has been keeping me very interested in its progress. I've noticed that this mod has much potential. I'm a contracting modder and I have my own studio website. I recently founded my studio, it is called "Man of the Mist Studios." I would very much like to assist in promoting this project to help it progress even more. Perhaps, if you would be interested you could join my modding team and work on your project with more organization. I'm not requesting that any credit be provided to myself, I basically am thinking that if steampunk formed into a team it would be able to produce even more projects for the near future. If you are not interested I can understand and I will continue to watch the progress of steam punk, if you do wish to take me up on my offer then I will be looking forward to our next conversation.

Same here. I see my role on the as largely "barely coherant rambler", and I can do that anywhere somebody's willing to listen.

Also, love the electric sword!

I appreciate the offer Steal, but I'd like to clarify a few aspects before any decisions are made. Specifically, what would joining your modding team entail?

It's still a little early to begin looking at future projects I think, our current project is still a long way to completion. That said, what interest would there be in an official modding team guys?

Great new characters guys, they should fit in very well.

Joining my modding team would really have no requirements of you on your part. I'm just offering you a homebase to plan everything. An easier way to organize the project. Eventually, when this project is larger you will most likely need a forum of which you can post any necessary information without it getting cluttered amongst the many post already made in this topic. I can understand if this doesn't interest you, and I am in no means suggesting you begin thinking of future projects. I'm just saying it would be a place for your project team members to work without the unorganized hassle. I'm now confused with where I'm going so I'll leave it at that.

That would probably help Steal, let's try it and see how it goes.

Your site wouldn't happen to have file hosting capabilities, would it? That would be helpful, but we can use the nexus otherwise.

I'm not a premium subscriber to my website, so I only have about 80 mb of space. I think nexus would be the best for now. There are also plenty of free file sharing websites that could be used for non-releases of steampunk. Please follow the link in my signature and register to the website. If you are already registered on webs, then just log in and subscribe to the site. Please also join me on msn messenger. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.

I think I'm going to have to backtrack on myself a little Stealt. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the offer, and we could make it work, but I think it would be best to have a dedicated site for the project. Shadow Softworks is a great group, and I've no doubt they'll be able to utilize your offer better than we'd be able to share it. I wish you the best with your work, but must respectfully decline your offer.

For the team, thanks for you patience. I haven't been able to respond very much to your recent work, but it's looking great. Between tonight and tomorrow I should be working on a simple new site to store what's finished and plan what's not. With recent decisions and developments, I've rewritten the story from the ground up. I'm leaving gaps in the story, between some of the basic framework developments, for more personal development by any of the writers that are interested.

I've also reconsidered, and would like to make Voice acting for all of the characters a higher priority for this mod. If you have a good quality mic (or ideally can access a recording studio), consider lending your voice or even voices of friends to some of the characters. To anyone reading this not yet involved, there's definitely room on the team for you as well.

I'm happy with how far we've come already, and look forward to taking this all the way.

I understand. I don't know where you got the idea that shadow softworks would be sharing the site however. The blog just shows some of my recent work. I was going to dedicate the studio to your team for you to use. If you reconsider just let me know.