⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Steampunk Oblivion - Recruiting

Shredator

Skype would work as well. Either way, skype works for me, and I've setup a ventrilo server if we need to use it for some reason.

I forget sometimes that Cyrodil is so inland, but above anvil sounds like it should work out alright.

I've setup a skype account, Shredator25, if you want to connect.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also started a Skype account, tibato11. If I'm logged on it means I wanna talk about this, so feel free to talk!

Additionally, I took a couple pictures of a place I think might work for the site of the town; I'm going to play around with it and upload a few pictures. It's between the shoreline and a fort ruins called Crowhaven, around the area of -54, -5. I'm planning on extending the coastline a little; I'll upload a few screens, like I said. Let me know of any other potential coasts you find that look better.

EDIT: I've played with the coast a little and I think this could be a good site for it. Did you think this might be a town ON the beach, or on a cliff by the water, or . . .?

Wow, this sounds like a really awesome mod! I've been hoping to see some steampunk in Cyrodil. ;)

I haven't got the chops for the kind visual resources that you need, but I'm something of a writer and might be able to help out with that sort of thing. I've got an (unfinished) steampunk space advenure that I'd be happy to throw into the mix, if you'd like to seed some bookshelves with it. :)

It's got a little bit of an "Island of Doctor Moreau meets Kidnapped" kind of feel to it and it's written as a series of journal and logbook entries, so there's kind of Dracula flavor in the narration.

Let me know where to send it, and what format you prefer (it's a Google Document right now) if you're interested.

Sorry it's taken this long to post back, I've been away for a good piece of today.

That sounds great though, I'd love to read through it. There's definitely room for a few books to put around the residential houses of the Steampunk city, especially written from a creative Steampunk perspective. There will be at least one author within the city too, so there's plenty of room for custom writing. You can send it to [email protected], which is the email I'll probably use most for this mod.

For writing, we are more in need of new Character bios (if you have any characters for a mod you've already imagined, for example, it would be easy to fit them into the city with their own little backstory) as well as just general creative ideas.

@Tibato

The image in my head was of a city on the beach, but we can work the shore into whatever we need. Speaking of coast, I was thinking of changing the shape of the coastline between the two times- we'd be able to extend the coast a little further for a flatter area in the past, then have eroded some of it away for the present village. Hiding bits of the old buildings rusting away under water and such... The tiny island in your screenshots also made me think of a steampunk lighthouse, built either on a small island or an extended peninsula, if you see an especially appropriate location for such a thing.

Sure, we can work some of that out. I was really just including the lighthouse as a placeholder; I was thinking that the windmill could go there, and that the "island" could have appeared as a result of erosion and be part of the reason people moved away from the windmill. In the old village that would be one solid landmass, but in the new version there would be a wooden bridge across to the windmill but otherwise it would be a little separate from the village. I will also make such a peninsula in the past, perhaps, for a lighthouse, and it could have sunk in the future, if that could work.

(to everyone out of the loop: I'll post pictures of the modified coast as soon as I find a non-idiotic place to post them. Sorry!)

Sorry it's taken this long to post back, I've been away for a good piece of today.

That sounds great though, I'd love to read through it. [...] For writing, we are more in need of new Character bios (if you have any characters for a mod you've already imagined, for example, it would be easy to fit them into the city with their own little backstory) as well as just general creative ideas.

Cool, I'll share it with you via google docs. Hope you enjoy it.

After posting, I noticed that you weren't allowing firearms as part of the mods, and there are numerous references to pistols in the text, which might be a deal-breaker. If that's a problem, of if you just like my characters more than the idea of an incomplete story for shelf-fodder, then I'd be happy to "convert" the characters into your world for use as NPCs. The various back-stories and personal details aren't written out, but I've got it all worked out in my head. It might be fun, actually!

Let me know.

I think fire arms are allowed, but frowned upon.. I mean, if you've used gun mods before, they are shocking! When you zoom to 1st person view, they hold the weapons really oddly and the sound effects and stuff are terrible.

Unless you literally spent a lot of time doing ONE rifle/pistol then whatever!

I was thinking of mechanized weaponary, for example:

- Repeater crossbow

- Repeater Longbow

or simply just a nice long bow, but with a few cogs and additional parts stuck on to make it fit the steampunk genre well.

Things I am currently doing:

- Ideas for place names, NPC names

- General Ideas

- Possible Website for mod (or modding team)

- Writing for quests or something ( i love to write).

Thanks guys.