Steampunk Oblivion - Recruiting

Shredator

Ah, I guess I was mistaken about Shadow Softworks. A simple site like yours should be just the thing to keep everything organized, but a full site I can edit on the fly will probably be more important in the long run. Thanks again, I'll keep your offer in mind if other avenues don't work out.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked a bit today and made a new outfit. I also dug up some old stuff.

First, the Chapeau of Magnetic Inversion. Pic

This one is kinda old. The idea behind this is that the electromagnetic coil repulses projectiles. I know there is a mod resource which has a script which would allow us to do just that. I think that would be way cooler than just raise armor rating.

Second, Check this out. Pic

I really like the way this turned out.

Both of these are already in game.

Awesomeness, Corth! Really digging both, especially the suit. A projectile reflecting tophat is simply irresistable!

Shred: looking forward to seeing where you're at on your end. I can't wait to get into some dialoge, but I want a good grasp on the scenario before i get carried away.

Very nice! We should have a character to fit that jacket perfectly, and if not, there's always room to create one.

I'm working on moving content over to a new website I've setup, which is my first priority today. It has a forum, photos and link pages for collected references, a news page that we can use to describe the project to potential members- pretty much everything we'll need but hosting, which we can upgrade to if using the Nexus doesn't work effectively. Would you guys be interested in a listed member page, where everyone can list what aspects of modding you're capable of? It would help keep who is working in what area, and make an easy help list for questions and projects.

The site is www.steampunkoblivion.webs.com, though there isn't much there yet. Suggest anything you think it lacks- the site options are very easy to work with, and I can probably add anything it doesn't have already.

Edit- I missed your weapons edit on page 10 Phayze, but I really like the idea. Let's plan on the brigadier being our second item creation person, specifically for weapons.

Also, about your character Gloria. I've written more about it in the story, but puzzles were built into the dungeon for one general reason- to differentiate between monsters and humans. For one, two people are believed to be trapped in the mine, and the engineers wanted to leave a way for them to get out if they survived. Later, they decided to segment the mine as they sealed it, hoping that at least part of the mine would sustain usability. The point though, is that different NPCs worked in different parts of the mine in the sealing, and as such there are different puzzles throughout the mine based on who planned and built them. With a music character, I'd really like there to be at least one puzzle based on music.

Great! I hoped you'd like that idea, and I'm glad you're cool with the characters in general.

As far as Gloria goes, I think that's a great idea. It might even be possible to tie the music puzzle in the mine to her machine. - like something salvaged from the mine-puzzle is needed to finish it. I think she'd like the idea of using music as the key to a lock against "vile brutes and uncultured savages with no appreciation for the arts". Hmmm, I wonder if she could contribute something that might make a component to a good sonic weapon? Or screwdriver . . . ;).

I checked in at the new site and copied my character bios into a reply to one of your placeholder posts. I thought it might be nice to consolidate some of the things that are falling back into the distance here. Let me know if there's some other way you want them sorted (like if each should have a separate topic, or something).

Skye is right Corthian, you did forget a P in there :ohmy:

Best of luck with your new team Stealt, I'll be interested to see what you guys are able to accomplish.

Organizing and moving over characters was actually one of my first priorities for the forum, so the help is appreciated.

To modelers...It would be great if someone could make something similar to this.

Something like a helmet, but not with so many details tough. Anyway, it's just an idea... :P