Steampunk Oblivion - Recruiting

Shredator

Aside of your current discussions, i wanted to ask you if it's possible that someone creates a steampunk gauntlet (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3), which will work as shield.

Personally i think it will be awesome and i would wear it all the time! :D

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside of your current discussions, i wanted to ask you if it's possible that someone creates a steampunk gauntlet (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3), which will work as shield.

Personally i think it will be awesome and i would wear it all the time! :D

I support this initiative. I also think it could be cool to have other clockwork devices/weapons included to the degree that they can be.

Right now we're looking at about 2-3 poor houses, one big farmhouse that could be an inn, and 2-3 other farmhouses in the "modern" oldtown. Another question, though: how much bigger will "old" oldtown be? If it needs to be HUGE I might need to make some significant landscape changes now, before I start finalizing buildings. we can see, though.

I've started working on one of the interiors. I basically copy-pasted one of the interiors from a shack in the IC Waterfront and moved some furniture and lights around. I don't want every room in this mod, even in "modern" oldtown, just being a copy-paste of an existing room, so hopefully I'll get a little faster at arranging rooms in the future.

I'm going to play around with seeing if I can make a copy of these wilderness cells I've converted into modern Oldtown. If those copies can be accessed by going through a door without much trouble, that'd be helpful. Like I said, I'll play with it.

As always, any models people can give me I can start implementing. If anyone wants to work on a dilapidated windmill (was someone doing that already), that'd be awesome.

if you're looking for any kind of profile on people in modern oldtown, here's a possibility?

Claude Vance: Lives in a little shack in the town. Kind of a deadbeat who spends most of his surplus money on booze. Every week, though, he likes to have a couple people come over to his place to drink and tell stories, and he writes down anything funny he hears. He has some knowledge about the lore of the town, but is more interested in the outside world. I like the idea that if you tell him things about the past oldtown he won't believe you, but he'll love the stories so much he'll ask you to bring back more, and might in exchange give stories - that he thinks are tall tales - about oldtown that are actually relevant and useful tips in the past. I dunno, change whatever, but that seemed like maybe an idea?

Bad news: It looks like duplicating an exterior cell is impossible; there's a button for it but clicking it doesn't make a new cell. What I was really hoping for was a cell that didn't have any coordinates, that you could modify how you chose but only reach by using a portal (such as a door). This doesn't appear to be how it functions. The implications are twofold:

1. I need to recreate, by hand, the terrain around "modern oldtown" for "past oldtown."

2. I need someplace to PUT past oldtown; maybe in one of the unused cells on the map, if that's possible. I don't know how to access said cells, if so.

If anyone figures out a way around any of this, let me know. The idea of remaking all that landscape from scratch, even if it doesn't have to be perfect, gives me the screaming heebie-jeebies. Trying to exactly replicate, or even closely replicate, any piece of land in that editor is a nightmare.

Very cool gauntlets, especially the 2nd.I'll see if I can make one, or something similar, to put in the costume lineup.

Oldtown won't be HUGE, but it will be bigger than the modern village. I'd say around 8 house sized buildings and a large building or two, but it's always changing. Don't worry about it too much though, we can make adjustments as we move forward. Don't worry about the past's landscape looking exactly like the modern's either- in fact, it would be best if it were slightly off. Coastal changes and weathering would definitely happen over 200 years, so there's no need for perfection.

Oh, and I really like your Claude idea. Really, a little more depth and involvement of the modern city wouldn't be a bad thing, so a few simple bios for NPCs there would help.

Oldtown won't be HUGE, but it will be bigger than the modern village. I'd say around 8 house sized buildings and a large building or two, but it's always changing. Don't worry about it too much though, we can make adjustments as we move forward. Don't worry about the past's landscape looking exactly like the modern's either- in fact, it would be best if it were slightly off. Coastal changes and weathering would definitely happen over 200 years, so there's no need for perfection.

Yeah, I don't want it to be identical, but if we want to put in Crowhaven - which I REALLY think we should - then since it's on a mountain we should make it be the same height mountain, probs . . .

Damn, Crowhaven has a quest-related function already . . .

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Origin_of_the_Gray_Prince

This might make it difficult/impossible to use it for our storyline, since anything we might want to do with it would be taking the place of another quest.

it could be possible, I suppose, to insert another fort nearby . . .

I also have another idea. I'm not sure if it's going to be obvious to the population of "old" Oldtown a) that the player isn't from their time period, or b) that they can't actually LEAVE the immediate vicinity of Oldtown. If the NPCs of oldtown DON'T know this, for the most part, I have an idea for what I think could be some really fun quests. I think it could be great if somebody in "old" Oldtown asks the player, sort of out of hand, to go get a relatively common item from Anvil, not knowing that the player can't actually go to "old" anvil. Thus, the player has to visit modern anvil to retrieve the item, which is now almost impossible to find - this could be some kind of special clock or engine for a machinist, perhaps.