Steampunk Oblivion - Recruiting

Shredator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, had an idea for a trap room which some people may or may not like. The goal was to have the player emerge (door locking behind them) in a pit full of people who are nude, aimless, mindless, and all holding swords. When you talk to them, they don't say anything. After about ten seconds of wandering around among them, someone from up above fires an arrow at one of them that is enchanted with 100 magnitude Frenzy for 60 seconds and 100 magnitude Rally for 60 seconds.

I thought Crowhaven sounded familiar, now it all makes sense. In that quest, if I remember correctly, the Gray Prince's father's journal only goes back a generation or two- I'll need to check it, but it would be easy to say they were there for less than 200 years. I'll write out a little of my idea for crowhaven-

As I think I mentioned earlier, the time portals open at a relative locations in the past to where they were cast in the present, and appear at the nearest possible place when the closest location is filled. Layla creates her portal inside the windmill, and appears within the windmill in the past. The villain uses Crowhaven dungeon as a base of operations in the present day, which is where he creates his portal- he doesn't research the area well enough though, and doesn't realize that the tunnels under Crowhaven weren't dug yet 200 years ago (we can even say that the vampire family from the Gray Prince quest dug them, to have a place to hide their vampiric nature). So, instead of his portal appearing from far underneath Crowhaven, it appears in the next closest place- the bottom of the mineshaft (which will probably be completely collapsed in the present day). I think we should be able to safely add another secret tunnel to Crowhaven's dungeon, without interfering with the current quest. I'm not 100% on how world edits work, but it seems workable.

Your idea about the time limitations is definitely one we can work with. At the beginning of the mod, Layla goes to Oldtown with the intent to live the rest of her life there, so it would make sense for her to keep being from the present a secret to avoid becoming an anomaly. The people discover that Layla and the player are from the future further into the mod, since Layla doesn't close the portal like she originally planned, but even in the end only a few know.

Funny Kieran, I was actually planning on a clockwork bow already. It's only been mentioned in the character bios, but Cassandra fights using a custom bow, which will be pretty steampunked. I'm hoping we'll be able to work out complicated morphing for it (such as cogs spinning as the bow is drawn), but with the morphing troubles LHammonds was having, I'm not sure if it will be possible.

I don't think we'll be able to work in your last idea though, Tibato, for a few reasons. First is the nudity, since I'd like to keep this a fairly T rated mod, but that could be covered easily enough. The people are the real difficulty, since zombified people mean missing people. The sealed mine means people can't be taken in, and the plane of Hircine is devoid of mortals, so they couldn't really come from there. On the other hand, we could do a similar setup using beasts instead. I'm thinking of a weird oasis like room, with light pouring through a crack in the ceiling and plants growing around the walls. Simple herbivore animals, like bears and elk or such, could roam around contentedly, but a small mechanical trap in the center of the room would release the spell when you get to close. We may even be able to try having vines come to life, by making some sort of plant beasts appear with the spell.

I don't think we'll be able to work in your last idea though, Tibato, for a few reasons. First is the nudity, since I'd like to keep this a fairly T rated mod, but that could be covered easily enough. The people are the real difficulty, since zombified people mean missing people. The sealed mine means people can't be taken in, and the plane of Hircine is devoid of mortals, so they couldn't really come from there. On the other hand, we could do a similar setup using beasts instead. I'm thinking of a weird oasis like room, with light pouring through a crack in the ceiling and plants growing around the walls. Simple herbivore animals, like bears and elk or such, could roam around contentedly, but a small mechanical trap in the center of the room would release the spell when you get to close. We may even be able to try having vines come to life, by making some sort of plant beasts appear with the spell.

oh, lol, no, I just meant without armor or clothing. Oblivion-nude, not real-nude. You're right about the people, too. We can work with the animal thing if we need to when we get there.

click-drag around path grid points - above or below ground

press "f" key

watch points move to actually useful locations on the ground

there is a god.

(After making some landmasses I realized that the AI's pathgrids got all screwed up, and I was happy to learn there was a speedy fix.)

Nice one guys - good to see that this is now coming to its development stage!

Sorry I havn't been functioning properly recently, I've had a lot of issues with university and such..

My new skype is:

likeclockw0rk

feel free to add me, and discuss the mod!

Hey guys, looks like you have been very busy the past few days. If its alright with you I'd like to assist. Not much is really happening on my team right now, everyone appears to be on holiday, yay...

Apparently us too. I have had a lot of my free time eaten by Mass Effect 2 and Starcraft 2. I have been working on an interior dungeon tile set. Here is a pic My link. This shot is old and the my newer stuff is much better. I will upload a few things tomorrow so maybe that will get things chugging again.

Nice corthian nice, looks like one of the passage ways off of Bioshock.

The colours are really great too! Can't wait to see the new stuff, i can imagine them being absolutely stunning.

Are you using HD Textures?

don't forget some people do have over-powered gaming systems and it would be nice to please them also!