Ghosts

Keanumoreira

I know too many sensible sober people who have seen things to dismiss it completely, what they actually saw though is up for debate. Maybe what they've seen is a disruption of some sort in time, the ghost they've seen is just a glimpse of the past. There is a lack of solid evidence but peoples experiences should not be ignored, best to keep an open mind.

I agree, I mean in my mind anything is possible, not on this world or in this universe where our limited knowledge exsists, sure. But who's to say it doesn't exsist elsewhere?

It's very possible that there are things way beyond our comprehension, maybe we're not as clever as we like to think we are.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in ghosts.

Why?

First of all, I can't belive when you die your "soul" gets out of your body and lives on earth - if that would be true, there world would be pretty too much ghosts cuz a lotta people (and animals) died

(if humans have souls, animals have it too- why? humans are animals too, we are {were} just intelligent enough to use the stuff that is {was} given to us) -overpopulation for ghosts.

Secondly, what is a ghost? A ghost is invisible, or, a lot of people think they are. So when they are invisible, they must be a gas, which has a very low concentration, so that they are invisible.

But gas uses all the space it gets. Think of water. If it boils, you see the gas of the water rising into the air. It's gone within seconds and doesn't "stay" in place.

So there can't be ghosts in person as we think, cuz if your soul gets out of your body when you die, it pretty much would use all the space it has (cuz it's gas) and your soul would fill all the room, house or wherever you die.

No, seriously, I don't really believe in ghosts, there aren't unexplainable things like that imo..

I know too many sensible sober people who have seen things to dismiss it completely, what they actually saw though is up for debate. Maybe what they've seen is a disruption of some sort in time, the ghost they've seen is just a glimpse of the past. There is a lack of solid evidence but peoples experiences should not be ignored, best to keep an open mind.

I agree, I mean in my mind anything is possible, not on this world or in this universe where our limited knowledge exsists, sure. But who's to say it doesn't exsist elsewhere?

It's very possible that there are things way beyond our comprehension, maybe we're not as clever as we like to think we are.

Very true, and that has to be fact. There has to be alien life far more advanced than us right, so that proves it. But thats off the subject, so lets not go there.

I don't believe in ghosts.

Why?

First of all, I can't belive when you die your "soul" gets out of your body and lives on earth - if that would be true, there world would be pretty too much ghosts cuz a lotta people (and animals) died

(if humans have souls, animals have it too- why? humans are animals too, we are {were} just intelligent enough to use the stuff that is {was} given to us) -overpopulation for ghosts.

Secondly, what is a ghost? A ghost is invisible, or, a lot of people think they are. So when they are invisible, they must be a gas, which has a very low concentration, so that they are invisible.

But gas uses all the space it gets. Think of water. If it boils, you see the gas of the water rising into the air. It's gone within seconds and doesn't "stay" in place.

So there can't be ghosts in person as we think, cuz if your soul gets out of your body when you die, it pretty much would use all the space it has (cuz it's gas) and your soul would fill all the room, house or wherever you die.

No, seriously, I don't really believe in ghosts, there aren't unexplainable things like that imo..

Well like I said, ghosts are a religious concept in a way. (PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO A RELIGIOUS DEBATE OR IT WILL BE CLOSED.) If you don't believe in a soul, chances are you don't believe in ghosts. I'm not saying that about you, I'm just saying.

I'm not saying that about you, I'm just saying

No problem, and yes maybe you're right. And as this is of course NO religious debate, they can keep it open :yes:

Also, I saw a report about ghosts a long time ago in tv. (A report, no movie)

They sent people in a completely dark room, they could not see anything. They told them there are ghosts in this room.

After about 10 minutes they started saying stuff like something touched them and they heared someone speaking and stuff. When they (the people who were in the room) got out they (the people who produced the show) told them (the people who were in the room) that it was just a joke, so they see that the ghost are just a product of our fear.

Ghost are the things we produce in our heads cuz of fear. (Like they think they heard something. Their mind was just going nuts)

"There are more things in heaven and on earth, Horatio..." as the bard said. Perhaps it's the Celtic mystic in me, but I keep an open mind and there can't always be a rational explanation for ghostly phenomena. I have spoken to far too many priests who are officially sanctioned exorcists, from different denominations, to remain a complete sceptic. (That is not turning this into a religious debate, by the way. I just speak of people who have a professional interest in the paranormal, you could mention mediums and secular paranormal consultants too.)

There are places where I have been where, for some reason, I have felt overwhelming feelings of foreboding, evil and sometimes outright terror. Other places, a feeling of great holiness and peace. I defy anyone to climb Glastonbury Tor in the twilight, preferably not fortified by some of the interesting substances found at the rock festival, and not feel the weirdness. But then it IS supposed to be the entrance to Annwfn (the Celtic Otherworld) and the palace of Gwynn ap Nudd.

Perhaps past events leave a psychic echo of some kind? So in places where great evil or sadness has taken place, traces of it remain. Maybe that is why so many ghostly apparitions are said to happen at murder scenes from centuries gone by, or at crossroads where suicides were traditionally buried (at least in the UK). Or why, when I lived on Dartmoor, there was a particular crossroads where even the most placid of my horses would fly into a panic and attempt to dump me in the road and run away? Turned out that the particular crossroads was the site of the village gallows. I never did get to meet the Wisht Hounds or the Hairy Hands though, Dartmoor's most notable apparitions.

I'm not saying that about you, I'm just saying

No problem, and yes maybe you're right. And as this is of course NO religious debate, they can keep it open :yes:

Also, I saw a report about ghosts a long time ago in tv. (A report, no movie)

They sent people in a completely dark room, they could not see anything. They told them there are ghosts in this room.

After about 10 minutes they started saying stuff like something touched them and they heared someone speaking and stuff. When they (the people who were in the room) got out they (the people who produced the show) told them (the people who were in the room) that it was just a joke, so they see that the ghost are just a product of our fear.

Ghost are the things we produce in our heads cuz of fear. (Like they think they heard something. Their mind was just going nuts)

Who knows, you could be right. But that feeling that something is there, that unknown, is so strong that you want to be believe you know? I happen to have a snap shot of me sitting in on one of my old beds a few years back, and behind me was this outline of a person standing up. It wasn't me because I was on the bed, and it couldn't be my parents because they were behind the camara and no one was next to me or behind me. My parents insist it was one of their outlines but I don't know.....And this picture is real, no joke, cross my heart hope to die, swear to god may my soul be damned forever if I am bluffing.

Just to make it offical. :biggrin:

SO yesterday I went to work.. locked my front door including the garage door.. Had a long day at work. Typical work day, aside from the excruciating heat. I mean talk about hell on earth- it happened yesterday at the factory I work at :laugh: Anyways I heading home.. I'm waving to all the neighbors.. avoiding the kids playing in the yards, crossing the street when their balls went flying by. everything seemed well until I pulled into my driveway..

My garage door was wide open..................... :unsure:

I know I shut that door. How's it going to be wide open 8 hours later? Imma just say it was a ghost :ninja:

I don't really believe ghosts are possible.

I'm one of those people who thinks of people as a combination of flesh capable of producing certain thought patterns, and I don't really see where a ghost would come in after the fleshy bits stop working. Not one for the supernormal, am I.