Most embarrassing moment in life.

Keanumoreira

I learned today that bad luck is not bad luck but a new oppertunity.

I got in a vicious argument with my supervisor a few days ago at work and simply walked off the job, and turned in my resignation. But becaue of that I've now got a better paying job and a car that for the first time since I bought it, has wheels.

The argument happened when my supervisor, and incredibly devout catholic, heard me talking to a work coleague about a protest for human rights on the weekend. A protest a friend of mine had attended, and said had really made a good impression. I was glad about this because it was advocating something along the lines of my own personal beleifs. But my supervisor, who had hated me and my fellow team members since we joined at the beigining of the year, didnt understand that it is possible, and common, for people to support the rights of other people.

The human rights rally was extremely orderly, police were never called, with a slow march through the part closed streets waving banners and chanting a series of agendas, ending at a major public park with a number of public speaches.. Mainly it was about protesting against the (in my view unnacceptable) treatment of indigenous australians, and of homosexuals. Average white australian life expectancy is about 70-80 years. With balck australians thats more like 50-60. They have no access to proper hospital care, and their communities are virtualy unpoliced and are little more than slums. And its a similar arguement for gay rights: why should either group be forced to live proverbialy underground in their own country of citizenship simply because of their race or sexuality?

Im neither related to indigenous people or homosexual, but I'm passionate about human rights, so I regretted not being there in person. When I tried to explain to my rather angry supervisor WHY I was glad they'd made their presence felt in such a good way, he reacted very agressively, saying that I was "just another filthy homo" and that if I really did care I could just "go sleep with my n******** friends". I told him to his face that in the communities he was talking about that both of those words could be seen as compliments, and that people like him were exactly the reason people demonstrated. He shoved me in the chest-not a bright idea since I was a head taller, several kilograms heavier, and had a background in physical sports, meaning that most of that extra weight was muscle tissue.

I told him, utterly undaunted, that if he put a hand on me again I'd show him what my boot felt like stuck down his neck. I had no intention of carrying out that threat-Im not a violent man, but I know I sure as hell look like one. He backed down and then ran screaming to the manager, who'd seen te whole thing. I went to the manager, told him I cant stomach working with rednecks like that, if I'm going to be assaulted for my politcal views, and thar he was going to have to find a new editor and art lead. I quit my job on the spot.

This could not have ended better for me. It was a golden oppertunity. I've since moved jobs to something I'm fairly good at, and with a much more sunny tempered super.

It also had the hilarious bonus of seeing me get the usual payout for leaving the job, and enough money spare off to direct into my numerous pet projects. Meaning that the car I'm (re) making gained tyres and wheels, with it's exels being refitted and a new diferential added. in the process of fitting the new parts I also found the rust proofing extended to the axle girdles and delicate under parts. Meaning it will be driveable the moment I can finish fixing the engine and re conditioning the gearbox. All in all, a great bad week.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: That I can only support the human rights and any opportunity to state out any violation of them. I did the same I the 80ties and was treated the same for my believes. Now it is clear what errors are made back then witch can be proven with modern social studies and the damage to socitie is not even now fully visible to them because it would be to cruel to face that most of the people supporting the wrong side of view and dealing out severe damage they still wouldn't admit, but the time will come. For me back then, it came not that well out. Reading your experience was like a light ray in darkness. Thank you  Vindekarr!

'twas night time at a year six school camp, we had just finished dinner and were running down to our rooms at the bottom of a hill. I was running at a breakneck pace, absolutely hurtling down the hill. As I neared the bottom I became aware a friend was shouting at me "Leo! watch out for the clothesli-". I hit the clothesline full speed and happened to be just tall enough for it to garrote me, the clothesline was tight yet I was going fast enough for me to be flung back quite far.

It was really dark, no-one could find my body and I couldn't find my voice so I had to drag myself up the hill to the teachers rooms. Afterwards I had an incredibly massive purple bruise across my neck for ages, something I've never lived down.

Not my most embarrassing moment, but up there.

'twas night time at a year six school camp, we had just finished dinner and were running down to our rooms at the bottom of a hill. I was running at a breakneck pace, absolutely hurtling down the hill. As I neared the bottom I became aware a friend was shouting at me "Leo! watch out for the clothesli-". I hit the clothesline full speed and happened to be just tall enough for it to garrote me, the clothesline was tight yet I was going fast enough for me to be flung back quite far.

It was really dark, no-one could find my body and I couldn't find my voice so I had to drag myself up the hill to the teachers rooms. Afterwards I had an incredibly massive purple bruise across my neck for ages, something I've never lived down.

Not my most embarrassing moment, but up there.

Probably your most painful huh? :pinch: