The fallout mod question of the century...

Warnolo

I seriously think about this when i see the list of the top 10 mods...

Why on earth there is so many Anime/furry/NPC replacers/other videogame mods?

Seriously, they have talent, they really have, why don't they do something ORIGINAL? Or at least based on the fallout universe. There is at least 3 or 4 furry mod races and no supermutant or at least a lightly mutant race.

There are more than 10 replacers for Amata, Moira, Bittercup or directly all females of the game. I know you want to look at a more atractive female, but do we need more than 10 amata replacers?

There is the GTS, allowing everyone to conect their homemade lands, and there is only 2 or 3 mods that uses it.

There is more dificulty or hardcore overhaults than fingers we have in hands or feets, but we lack mods that add ANYTHING new like wasteland travelers or something like that.

Seriously... there is a lot of talent out here, use it for something original. Make something that comes from your mind,even if it isnt lore-friendly!

Seriously, WTF!?

People make mods they want to make. If other people like a given mod it's going to get VERY popular.

Best thing I can think of to tell ya is to just ignore the mods you don't like and focus on the ones you do.

Learn to ignore what you don't like and you'll see alot of talent put into stuff you do like. Like Wasteland Travellers. Pretty much anythings been done, you just gotta find it. If I were a furry I bet I'd want to have my character be a furry, thus I'd make him into one. Also, don't look at top 100 mods for certain mods you want, they're most often the well done but forgotten ones that you'll need to search for real deep.

Your points are valid but they are also irrelevant. If someone makes another furry, anime race it is because they wanted to do it their way, not because it has never been done before or because it is needed for the sake of variety. No one is trying to fill in gaps in the big picture of the variety of available mods. No one is trying to discover and exploit niches in the mod market, because there is no market. "Consumers" of mods may be taken into consideration, but unless a modder is seriously driven to seek popular approval and external validation of his personal worth, the consumers of mods are an afterthought and uploading mods for your possible free enjoyment is a byproduct of the kindness of people like Dark0ne who provide space in the file library and free access to people like you.

I think of this all as being more like a party than an entertainment business. If I go to a party and tell some stories and jokes to people there it is for the purpose of having a good time. If it is a good joke they will laugh. If it is a bad joke they will groan and walk away. I don't expect anyone to say "Wait! Now tell a joke about a priest, a rabbi and an atheist!" Say what?

Your post is a big complaint, but the truth is no one owes you anything. That is the answer to your "WTF?". You don't pay for any of the mods. You aren't even a premium subscriber helping to pay for the Nexus' survival. Why are you complaining? It's bloody FREE!!!

If there is a mod here that you like, download and play it. If there are none that you like, pass on by or request something specific in the appropriate forum. If no one makes one that you like then make one yourself. If you can't make mods and you are bored, then go buy a new game, watch the tube or play with your dog.

You don't hint at a single gram of gratitude to the makers of mods or the providers of the servers that give you access to all this free stuff, so please don't complain. A great deal of time, effort and even money has gone into this junk. You can state your wishes without cursing at us for your dissatisfactions because you haven't earned the right, and you certainly haven't paid for it.

"Hey Van Gogh, what's with all the flowers? We've seen those. Where are the nekkid wimmin pictures? WTF?"

I know noone own me anything, and i know i should be more gratefull with the modders who made mods that i like. I think im going to give some endorsements after this post.

I know they just do whatever they want, because is their talent and their time what is spended, but i just say is, knowing they have talent, why don't they create something they imagine? not just another talented copy of a weapon from an anime or a game. Just saying they should make their OWN weapons, like two modders, making melee weapons made from scarp materials. And i don't mind they make furry races if those are THEIR furry races, not a revamp from a videogame.

I love original content, and makes me sad seeing people with talent just making copies of something when they CAN do anything never seen. Something they imagine.

But well, maybe i'm bitching too much. I will end thanking all the moderators who keep this server on, letting us downloading all this content freely, and all the modders, because telling one by one the ones im especially gratefull would take an eternity.

Well, thats all. Thanks for reading and i hope i didnt took much of your time.

• 2 weeks later...

It can sometimes, when you're picky, *grin* be a bit frustrating not to see exactly what you want... but, that's why the mod tools are there and the people here have put time into providing links, tutorials, and answered posts. IE: hey, you want it and don't see it?! Make it. Now, I'm an old NWN 1 modder/player/dm from the old social servers, and can attest to some puzzlement but... whatever you wanna make I believe we have to give support and understand that each person has their own "needs" that push them to allotting such large amounts of time to mods.

Which is why I"m so "happily" trying to teach myself modding, modelling, and texturing... so I can get the armor I WANT to use, on my little stinky girl ingame :)

Like many people you confuse talent and technical skill with imagination and originality. Many of our mod makers have talent and technical skill, but lack Imagination and originality. And many of those who do have imagination and originality don't have the technical skills and talent to make the mods they can imagine. We need both types. If you have an original Idea, let it out, maybe one of those who has the skill can pick it up and run with it. There are a few mod makers who do have both talent and imagination, They are rare treasures and usually work alone. When you find one be sure to shower them with praise, endorsements and kudos as that is the only reward they get for all of their hard work.

Like many people you confuse talent and technical skill with imagination and originality. Many of our mod makers have talent and technical skill, but lack Imagination and originality. And many of those who do have imagination and originality don't have the technical skills and talent to make the mods they can imagine. We need both types. If you have an original Idea, let it out, maybe one of those who has the skill can pick it up and run with it. There are a few mod makers who do have both talent and imagination, They are rare treasures and usually work alone. When you find one be sure to shower them with praise, endorsements and kudos as that is the only reward they get for all of their hard work.

These are some beautiful words right here :thumbsup: