npc swirling aura bug

lichy123

started a new game and decided to go the requiem path but i encountered an old bug that i forgot how to fix (assuming i ever got it fixed) and that is that some NPCs have a weird aura around them, swirling blue nebula thing, kinda looks like a spell absorb maybe? anyway it seems to be around important NPCs like general tullius, ulfric, that head of the dark brotherhood chick.. granted, once i played a bit with the load order and tried to take a pic of it the effect changed from spell absorption and blue swirly thing to just swirly thing.. or maybe its all in my head because its so late...

anyways, if i recall its a problem with requiem and another mod like enhanced blood or the footprints mod or even the unofficial skyrim patch but i cant seem to fix it and i dont rlly see any conflicts with mod organizer or what ever. i mean, there are conflicts with the blood texture mod and the unofficial patch but i cant seem to fix it.

pics:

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag198/lichy123/ScreenShot3_zps82f8d922.png

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag198/lichy123/ScreenShot4_zpsa8ba6eff.png

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag198/lichy123/ScreenShot2_zps22cd802b.png

No mod can really be a "direct" cause. It is an occasional engine bug that the USKP can sometimes fix on its own. Sometimes for some unknown reason(to me at least) shaders will get stuck on a NPC or the player. The way to remove them is to find the effect associated with the shader and call dispel on it. I've never seen that shader before so I don't know what magic effect is the "host" for it.

So as an alternative, open the console.

Click on the NPC you want to fix.

type

DispellAllSpells

its a "common" thing that happens to ppl who, from my understanding, use mods like footprints and enhanced blood and overhaul mods like skyre or requiem. i tried disabling a bunch of mods but it seems to be stuck and i fear simply disabling all the active spell effects on an npc like that may break a mods.. only guessing tho

edit: dispelallspells didnt work, just gave me a message but the spell effect remained. besides, its not rlly a fix if ill have to disable all spell effects on every npc with that bug

Edited by lichy123

Why thank you for making sure I was wasting my time with you with that attitude of yours :smile: Go find your own solution.

my apologies if the tone of my message showed any sign of disrespect, it was not my intention i assure you, and was purely out of frustration from trying everything to my limited knowledge to fix it to no avail.

i did what you asked but it didnt work, and i looked around the forum and it says something about a mod conflict with requiem and mods who use detection spells or something like that causing spell absorption aura effect on them. however after checking mods like enhanced blood and footprints they released an update to fix that issue a while back so it shouldnt happen and it must be some other mod. my fear is that if i have a visible conflict like that i might have a hidden conflict that may be more problematic but i can't notice it until its too late.

Edited by lichy123

• 10 months later...

I know this may be late but I know what this is

the npc have some blue spiritlike aura effect and whenever the player moves near the npc, an invisible like swirl appears near the player, resembling a magic resistance effect, but it isn't really magic resistance, it is called atronach

this is what happens to npcs who have the atronach perk,

1.open up creationkit and edit "atronach" remove everything in the big white box that says >= and save to your .esp, it should be fixed. It fixed it for me. Never needed to use it, and many npc's don't use it either.

Or

2.alternatively open up the npc that has this problem, and go to the perk section, delete "atronach" and the npc won't have that problem anymore.

Edited by naruto2693

• 4 months later...

the npc have some blue spiritlike aura effect and whenever the player moves near the npc, an invisible like swirl appears near the player, resembling a magic resistance effect, but it isn't really magic resistance, it is called atronach

1.open up creationkit and edit "atronach" remove everything in the big white box that says >= and save to your .esp, it should be fixed. It fixed it for me. Never needed to use it, and many npc's don't use it either.

Or

2.alternatively open up the npc that has this problem, and go to the perk section, delete "atronach" and the npc won't have that problem anymore.

Could you explain this a little better for someone (me) who doesn't know how to use the creation kit?

• 5 months later...

Or

Could you explain this a little better for someone (me) who doesn't know how to use the creation kit?

once again I'm late as heck lol,

okay so first

lets download TES5EDIT http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?,

run the exe, and select the esp you wish to edit

go to the non player character area

click on a npc name that your experiencing problems with

while the npc name is selected scroll on down to the perks area until you spot the atronach perk.

click on the atronach perk, and delete it.

press ctrl + s to save,

exit

start the game and the blue swirling thing should be gone.

Edited by naruto2693

• 2 years later...

I know this is late but I'm having a similar problem, did the solution described above work? I'm experiencing the problem on bandits and things so that might not be an option for me since they are unnamed generated npcs from mods like OBIS, but i also experienced it on some NPCs like Colette

Edited by BellaDovah

• 1 year later...