Screen shots keep renumbering at 1

Every time I go into the game and take screen shots, they always start at "1" and take the place of the shots I did when playing before. Can't find anything in forums about this. Hopefully, somebody has encountered and knows what's the deal and maybe how to correct it.

Not sure if it's because of one or more things. Recently got new computer with Windows 7 in it, started using OBSE 18, and installed a large mod.

Thanks for any suggestions/help

EDIT: Problem has been solved by Tomlong54210.

My computer erases all my old screenshots too. What I do to deal with this is evaluate all my screenshots right after taking them. I rename the ones I want to keep and upload. With a new name, the computer cannot delete them.

Is your game crashing on-exit? In that case, the SS index is not being updated. Also, any time you regenerate the Oblivion.ini that index is set to 0. If on-exit crashes are the cause, install Fast Exit 2. Another option (if that does not help) is to get a 3rd-party screenshot tool, such as Fraps.

Stabilization & Optimization Mods - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/index.php?page=stabilization_and_optimization_mods#OBSEPlugins <-- link to Fast Exit 2 here (requires OBSE, also linked)

Is your game crashing on-exit? In that case, the SS index is not being updated. Also, any time you regenerate the Oblivion.ini that index is set to 0. If on-exit crashes are the cause, install Fast Exit 2. Another option (if that does not help) is to get a 3rd-party screenshot tool, such as Fraps.

Stabilization & Optimization Mods - http://tesivpositive...ods#OBSEPlugins <-- link to Fast Exit 2 here (requires OBSE, also linked)

Fast Exit 2 did the trick. Everything works fine now. My heartfelt thanks, kudos, and if I could, I'd buy you dinner.