Silver Warhammer

kieranfoy

13 members have voted

1. 1. What weapons do you prefer?

For future reference, you can create an optimized chain link, then create a UV for it and then use a technique to duplicate the link along a path. You can create a path that follows a standard necklace and then duplicate the link around that path...then run the bone-weight-copy script to nab the rigging off the original necklace and apply it to your necklace.

Blender Tutorial: DupliFrames

Also, decimation works ok sometimes depending on the original model but when it doesn't, simply size the original object to the size you want and create a new low-poly object that closely matches the original. This is usually the preferred method when going to a very small object and simply create your own model and have it pull optimized textures from a new texture file (which would be vastly smaller than the original hammer weapon.

LHammonds

EDIT: I forgot that I promised not to post in your requests.

• 2 weeks later...

Status: Warhammer (Full size) is done, still haven't gotten around to weighting and texturing the necklace. I'm in band camp right now, so I'll just try to do one thing each morning.

Dang, I just reread my earlier post.. That's the same one! No worries, I'll get this done eventually. Even if I have to drop the necklace completely, the hammer looks awesome.

I won't, I'll have a full week of free time between band camp and school to work on all the various things. I'm going to be spending that week probably finishing up all this stuff I've taken on so I can finally get around to wiping my computer.