MASSIVE freeze, yet beast computer. Help PLEASE

Daevarken

ok, well if you claim that the copy is legit then I guess we can't get in trouble for helping you, so all's well.

Out of curiosity, could you link that guide? (I googled but couldn't find it). Steam is generally considered to be pretty ironclad as far as DRM systems go, so I'm curious how you've managed to circumvent it. As a side note, I doubt that disabling Steam would be worth it. When using NMM and SKSE, you can (read: must) launch the game without using the Steam launcher. Steam is more or less invisible during the whole experience, apart from having Steam running in the background. So, disabling Steam wouldn't give you much advantage, but would introduce the possibility of problems, not to mention put you in the disadvantage of having to fart around with manually patching the game etc.

It's possible (I'm not saying it's probable, but it might be possible) that whatever workarounds you've employed to get rid of Steam are causing the game to run in an unoptimised way. Are you able to test the game with Steam to see if it makes any difference?

Anyway, it would be good to know what your system stats are around the time you freeze. That would help in knowing whether the problem is vram, ram, gpu, etc. Skyrim Performance Monitor will help get accurate info in that regard.

I can't offer a solution, but I would like to say that I've had the same problem since I started playing the game, before I had even started modding it. Granted, modding has only made it worse (i.e. more frequent) but not to the point where it's a huge deal. I have no idea what could be causing it because there is no rhyme or reason to when it happens. I've used Skyrim Performance Monitor to check my system, and it isn't showing that my system is maxed out when it freezes (usually). I know this wasn't any help, but I feel your pain ;)

Could it be a HDD issue? I've often had regular freezes in the past with open world games as the game struggles to load textures and other things in time. Skyrim is one of the first open world games where I haven't had any freezes at all, and I've been putting that down to the fact that I've got it installed on an SSD (separate to my windows drive which is also an SSD).

Have you guys defragged recently?

From what I know, only pirated versions of Skyrim can run without steam, which means that

(a)they might not always work as intended

and

(b) the rules of these forums warn that we aren't allowed to help you

Skyrim's engine is fundamentally 32bit, so even if you have a gazillion gb of vram and ram, it'll still only use a small amount of it. Things like EnBoost and SKSE help, but only to a point.

just FYI, it's a workaround for long now, to have Steam disconnected while playing with a fully modded game, to avoid patching and then wait for modder's updates , like SKSE etc.. i'm sure it's what the op means by ''playing without Steam''

and here is the post about playing Skyrim without Steam on Nexus , it's the 2nd link on google

then for the Op, have you set your .ini's for the grass, Sfo, enable parallax etc..??