• Math-Magic Land
    • Rock n Roll hall of fame
    • Wise, bearded men
    • Cheese as far as the eye can see
    • Otaku Convention
    • other, add comment

First off, a small reminder is in order - we need to be careful here:

NO RELIGIOUS DEBATES ARE ALLOWED ON THE NEXUS. Here was Dark0nes' stand on it:

Since people forget to keep themselves updated with the rules I've decided to spare the moderators the hassle of continually reminding people and put up a nice sticky warning...<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Religious debates of any sort are not allowed in these forums</span>.

The reasons are available in the now locked threads that contained them for people to find out for themselves. Debates cannot be started about religion (i.e. Why does God say this? Why is there more than one religion? etc.) and religion cannot come into your argument (I believe that abortion is wrong because God says it is. I think homosexual marriages should not be allowed because my religion dictates it's wrong. etc.).

So let's not screw this up and stay frosty NO DEBATING

I know I'll be going to Hell if/when I die, and I am looking forward to it. I have seen it in dreams and during meditation and I can hardly wait to get in. :laugh:

But at the same time I'd kind like to live for a couple of centuries too - so I am in a quandry :unsure:

Yes I am a christian ( sheol means the grave )...my views are just different than the norm after about 30 years studying the bible.

Hey me too! Well not a christian, but our beliefs are alike. I too don't believe everything in the bible directly, I believe there are alternatives to these things. For example, I believe that the Universe and Earth were created by God, and were once part of the Garden of Eden. But after the whole Adam and Eve thing, God started everything all over again as punishment. This is where evolution, and all that comes in. I try to look at the whole picture not just part of it.

Valhalla? Really? I don't think a lot of people still believe in Norse mythology....

You wouldn't want to be picked up by a smokin' hot Valkyrie? :blink:

If I wasn't as committed as I am, I'd go for that :biggrin:

Valhalla? Really? I don't think a lot of people still believe in Norse mythology....

LOL.....only those that died in battle got picked up by the smokin' hot valkyrie's....hell is also a norse mythological goddess, the upper half of her was beautiful, her lower half a rotting corpse...she took in those that died an ignoble death ( old age, disease, murder etc ), so your wish to see her might just well be granted unless you go to war.

Where do you go after dying?

The undertakers

How do you get there?

A hearse probably, can't see the local cab company being too keen on taking me.

What is there?

Other stiffs, wooden boxes and somber looking gentlemen rubbing their hands in glee at how much money they're about to extract from my family.

Where do you go after dying?

The undertakers

How do you get there?

A hearse probably, can't see the local cab company being too keen on taking me.

What is there?

Other stiffs, wooden boxes and somber looking gentlemen rubbing their hands in glee at how much money they're about to extract from my family.

Brilliant! :laugh: I love it :thumbsup: :biggrin:

LOL.....only those that died in battle got picked up by the smokin' hot valkyrie's....hell is also a norse mythological goddess, the upper half of her was beautiful, her lower half a rotting corpse...she took in those that died an ignoble death ( old age, disease, murder etc ), so your wish to see her might just well be granted unless you go to war.

You my friend are confusining Hell (paradise to me) with Hel (the goddess you mention). I am headed to the one with two L's - just to avoid confusion.