OBSE and mods need some help.

Kurzusseus

Today I was modding my Oblivion gameplay when I ran into a couple of issues I wanted to check with the community.

Firstly I wanted someone to look over my load order and make sure I didn't do something wrong. I've had experience with

modding and added over 170 mods to my Skyrim gameplay but Oblivion seems to behave differently too mods

LooT Log file

Oblivion.esm
HorseCombatMaster.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Knights.esp
•Warning: Contains 121 ITM records and 257 UDR records. Clean with TES4Edit.
AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp
Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed Block and 250% damage.esp
Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed Block with no damage or durability changes.esp
Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed block and 150% damage.esp
DropLitTorchOBSE.esp
Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp
AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp
xulRiverEthe.esp
xulTheEasternPeaks.esp
xulCloudtopMountains.esp
xulAncientYews.esp
xulBravilBarrowfields.esp
xulLushWoodlands.esp
xulCheydinhalFalls.esp
xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp
xulBlackwoodForest.esp
xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp
xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp
xulChorrolHinterland.esp
xulArriusCreek.esp
xulSnowdale.esp
xulAncientRedwoods.esp
xulJerallGlacier.esp
XulEntiusGorge.esp
xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp
xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp
DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp
Deadly Reflex 6 - HeX NifSE Patch.esp
xulTheHeath.esp
xuldarkforest.esp
xulAspenWood.esp
xulFallenleafEverglade.esp
AliveWaters.esp
xulRollingHills_EV.esp
xulSkingradOutskirts.esp
xulStendarrValley.esp
xulPantherRiver.esp
xulImperialIsle.esp
xulPatch_AY_AC.esp

I installed all those using the Nexus mod manager, the unique landscape was done using OBMM
I'm getting a different first person view camera too that I don't like, what mod here alters first person camera?
And finally I'd like to ask, when trying to run OBSE, it says that it doesn't know the verison I have. What's going on with that?
I know how to install script extenders, I've done it with Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout NV. So do I need to update my Oblivion or something?

First, OBSE won't run unless your game is version 1.2.0416 (look in the lower left corner of the main menu screen). If it's not you will need to patch the game to version 1.2.0416, paying special attention to getting the correct patch version for your game.

I'm no load order expert but I'm pretty sure you need to chose one of the Deadly Reflex Timed Block ESPs, not all three. I also see two AliveWaters addon ESPs that are loading before the AliveWaters.esp ... a sure way to get a missing masters crash.

First get the game to 1.2.0416, then get OBSE working (use OBSE Tester to confirm ... it will report your OBSE version number if OBSE is installed and working) and then either manually fix what LOOT is unable to properly position or run your load order through BOSS.

I'm using a retail version of Oblivion bought from Gamestop that isn't running on steam. I followed the readme instructions of just installing the specific files

but still OBSE says it doesn't recognize the version of Oblivion I'm running. I checked and my current version is 1.2.0416.

I don't understand why OBSE isn't launching at all, I'm going to continue to look but if there anything else you can do to help?

I've also turned off some esp's and re-arranged them with boss to fix some issues.

There's your problem ... OBSE will not work with the GameStop version of Oblivion. A quote from the OBSE web page (emphasis added):

OBSE does not work with:
Oblivion 1.2.0.214 This was the official downloadable 1.2 patch. (as of v0017)
Oblivion 1.2.0.410: the Shivering Isles beta patch.
Oblivion 1.2.0.201: the Shivering Isles DVD build.
Oblivion 1.1.0.511 This was the original Oblivion that OBSE supported. (as of v0017)
Oblivion 1.0: the original DVD build of Oblivion.
The Direct2Drive version of Oblivion or Shivering Isles. The Oblivion.exe provided by D2D is encrypted, and we cannot patch it without breaking the encryption. We will not do this, as it is illegal.
The Impulse version of Oblivion or Shivering Isles. The Oblivion.exe provided by Impulse is also encrypted.
The GameSpot version of Oblivion or Shivering Isles. The Oblivion.exe provided by GameSpot is also encrypted.
Probably any digital distribution version other than Steam. This is just going on history with other services.

running into a problem, when i try to add obse loader to oblivion my computer protection norton removes the loader saying it was a unknown medium risk. if theres a way to mod oblivion from here instead of steam it would be nice. for now i put the steam loader for oblivion because i bought the game on steam.

Make sure you are using the Steam version of the install instructions ... here's the relevant part excerpted from obse_readme.txt:

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:
1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.
For Steam users the only time you use obse_loader.exe is to start the Construction Set.

• 8 months later...

I have my own problem with OBSE as well, however it has nothing to do with installing, but rather, the way the game is working. When I run OBSE the top left corner instantly becomes a deathtrap for crashes where if I move my mouse there, the windows mouse appears and if I click, the game minimizes and crashes, this may be a problem with OBSE running in windowed as oppose to Oblivion itself, however I am unsure because I have not found an ini file having the option, I know OBGE has one, however I always turn that option off with that mod. This is purely a problem with OBSE and I know that mainly due to 10 minutes of testing the difference between without and with OBSE. If someone can tell me how to fix this, that would be great.