Games that desperately need a sequel

Sinophile

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about Jade Empire, that definitely needs a sequel. It was just such a nice change to play a game that wasn't a) set in a generic fantasy world, b) set in a generic Western Scifi universe, or c) about big manly US soldiers...

Yeah, it seems JE is the closest that we'll ever have to Oriental D&D for a very long time. There seems to have been a decline in originality in the past few years.

There's no doubt about it in my mind - There's a window opening for a game that came out fifteen years ago, and was the first and last for that studio branch. (Not to mention it started one of the greatest video game composers' careers...)

After awhile, doesn't it become of a remake than a sequel? Then again, someone made a sequel to the Atari version of Robinhood on the PS2, twenty years apart.

Yeah, it seems JE is the closest that we'll ever have to Oriental D&D for a very long time. There seems to have been a decline in originality in the past few years.

I beg to differ, look up "Prince of Qin" game. This is as Oriental D&D that you can ever get, it's also a very good RPG. There's also a "Prince of Qin Online" game, but I never tried it.

I beg to differ, look up "Prince of Qin" game. This is as Oriental D&D that you can ever get, it's also a very good RPG. There's also a "Prince of Qin Online" game, but I never tried it.

Looked it up on Wikipedia, it was released in 2002, JE was released in 2005.

There is one really Good game for the DC that needs a sequel, or really good port of some kind, Is Eternal Darkness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAkAvRcT9JA

It was ahead of its time.

Creepy game, but very addictive once you get into it.

something like resident evil but much better.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/363/363071p1.html

ign gave it 9.6

Hm, I really need to replay Eternal Darkness. I got about a third of the way through it in one sitting a few months ago, without realising it didn't have any kind of autosave feature. Needless to say, when I eventually died, I was less than impressed. I couldn't bear to play through it all over again at the time, and I haven't got round to it yet.

Cliched to say this, but Beyond Good And Evil, I doubt this money crazed, utterly incompetant swarm of idiots that is Ubisoft could make a true and faithful sequal, but if they could, it would be worth it. That game was sorely underated.

Total Annihilation. A sublime RTS that if given a proper modern sequal, would probably put nearly any modern RTS to shame.

StarCraft: What it needs is a sequal, not a shabbily programmed lump code designed simply to extort more money from a fanbase already brutalised but massive recent mistakes with Diablo II, amongst other things...

Hm, I really need to replay Eternal Darkness. I got about a third of the way through it in one sitting a few months ago, without realising it didn't have any kind of autosave feature. Needless to say, when I eventually died, I was less than impressed. I couldn't bear to play through it all over again at the time, and I haven't got round to it yet.

That's why it needs a sequel, So that problem won't exist, or fixed..

That's why a sequel is a good thing.