Games that DO NOT need any more sequels

VileTouch

WoW needs to give up on the expansions.

As for other things, it's mostly franchises that have gone on too long (Staring at you, Nintendo), like Mario, Sonic, Resident Evil, and Halo.

Hey don't be dissing wow. besides expansions improve the game.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list:

-Call of Duty: The original was the best and is probably the least talked about, much better than Modern Warfare 2.

-Final Fantasy: I've never actually played any of these, but I do get tired of hearing of FF13 or FF14 when most games stop at 2 or 3.

-Bioshock series: Please stop making sequels to a game that wrongfully calls itself a System Shock sequel.

-Obvious ones like Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing and Rogue Warrior.

-No more Star Wars games and no more historically inaccurate World War 2 games.

The way it's been treated recently, Castlevania. Either stop with these terrible antics (First 3D, then there was a fighting game, now multiplayer using maps, characters, and graphics from the DS games and SoTN? They really have ran out of ideas...), or do a Metroidvania-style remake of one of the classics. If they do decide to do such a remake, 3's the best candidate for the conversion, since it has multiple paths, different characters, and a much more impressive, varied, and tweakable layout compared to what 2 has.

Do we REALLY need yet ANOTHER!!! Resident Evil?? Number 5 is alive!!!! EEEK!

Ok.. one franchise I think could be revisited with an up to date game engine is the Baldur's Gate series...either a complete remake or a totally new game

Just my opinion tho..... Imagine Aerie in whinging high def 3D or Jaheira in her worst moods in high Def so you can actually SEE her scowl at you for mentioning she should loosen up a bit and get it on with Minsc... and dear god!!! the always chipper and grinning like a Cheshire cat Imoen... but scariest of all would be Boo in fearsome Teeth gnashing scary mode in hi def.. LOL..

how about call of duty, its just the same game over and over over, my brother all he does is play online and i swear if i played it like that i would get tired by 1 hour

now dont be dissing resident evil, sorry but it my favourites series and i hope it continues making more as i love it. Please dont flame me

finaly fantasy true the game as many sequels but it not like the story continues. they make more characters for us to love

I still can't quite grasp that they're going to crowbar in a sequel to Portal. Just listen to the name; Portal 2. It's like every single letter behind that name madly whispers 'Cash in on unexpected popularity of previous title at all cost'.

However, they did the exact same thing to Bioshock. That game was superb on its own, and one of my favourites. There was absolutely no need for a sequel, and the reason why there ever was one was painfully blatant. Portal 2 so far just reeks of men with suits ordering it's creation based on the delicious profits the first one raked in.

Meanwhile, Modern Warfare 2 is undoubtedly having a sequel. In this case, it's not unnecessary or unexpected, this is, after all, one of those big, mainstream brands that guarantees reliable income to the company. Sequels is their lifeblood. However, considering the drop in the narrative's quality between MW 1 & 2 (Felt more or less like someone fired the MW1-staff and repopulated it entirely by mindlessly patriotic NRA-members and Tom Clancy's legions of ghostwriters), I'm rather scared of what Mordern Warfare 3 will bring us. All i can think of is grim, determined US marines demolishing Moscow with the themesong of Team America roaring over the din of combat. Perhaps a QTE towards the end where you stuff Lenin's mummified body down the company latrine. But it's going to rake in a quite frankly embarrasing amount of dough, whatever it is.

World of Warcraft, allthough a beloved inhabitant of my heart after all these years, could really do with a 'The End'-screen after Cataclysm has come, been and stagnated. It's been a spellbinging five years together, but all good things must come to an end while they still are. It's better to realize yourself when you've reached the absolute limit and leave quietly, rather than having it all collapse and implode into a revolting puddle, like a once delicious wedding cake, covered in mold and decidely carrying a scent of turned bacon.

But I doubt we'll see that happen... My hopes rests with Blizzard being able to recover and learn from such a scenario. And perhaps give the starving masses out in the cold winter streets Warcraft IV at last.

Call of duty (I hate the series in general)

Final Fantasy (Too many)

Mario, Zelda, Sonic

Pokimon

StarWars

WoW and MMO's in general

There is more out there but I have to put on my thinking cap to remember

I agree, when will Nintendo bring out an original title, that's not related to Mario.

Call of duty, so many sequals its getting nutzo :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: I don't even like the series, the only good one was the ones based in WW2.

Actualy they're alreayd working on a new COD, but its not MW3.

Firstly activision lost a lot of the people responsible for MW1/2 to EA, sacking almost every senior designer, and then giving the franchise' future to treyarch. Treyarch has something less mainstream planned for cod 7. Black Ops, I dont know exactly what year its set in, but I think its safe to assume 1980s. its the cold war, you're probably going to be a marine. Unexplained slaughter russians and ethnic minorities is all but a certainty, but the rest of the game looks like being a bit diferent. The preview I saw showed of all things, a helicopter, an animal burrow, what appeared to be a jungle savage, and a lot of very old fashioned mid 70's hardware.

No doubt it will be more similar to MW than it is original, but they arent just making a clone this time, and for me, its the thought that counts. They graphics shown were also a new engine, with radicaly diferent particle effects, and even more diferent shaders. If anything I'd expect something a bit more like Far Cry 2 in looks, probably set just a bit after the war in Vietnam. But best of all, Treyarch is looking to be as much commited to storyline as anything else, so maybe, just maybe, we'll see some coherent plot this time too.

The series I really want to see die however is neverwinter nights/dragon age. I really dislike bioware, and after recently wasting three hours on a demo of the miserable DA, I'd really like to see the corp close. I honestly cant understand why their games are so popular, except that fans play one game, like it, and buy bioware's sequals to that rather than games from other manufacturers in the same genre. Dislike me for saying that if you want, but I find it very hard to like such a cynical, money crazed corporation, let alone one with such a lacking imagination.

And if starwars crashed and burned, I'd honestly throw a party. Im a science fiction author by background, and I've written shopping lists deeper and more captivating than that mess. I think they should have kept to three movies, the prequals were bad beyond bad, and the recent games have been even worse if thats possible. Anyone who's played battlefront 1, obi-wan, or the jedi knight series would surely understand why.

Finaly, mario. Another one every year, identicle to the previous, but a horde of people run out and buy it in the millions, and I have no idea why save that humans on the whole are really rather stupid. After so long, and having gone so far from what it started out as, mario is just a farce to fund nintendo, nothing more.