Games that DO NOT need any more sequels

VileTouch

I liked the Halo games, but it's been steadily getting worse. Bungie said Reach is the last Halo, so cross your fingers. Maybe halo wasn't great for PC gamers, but it was the best FPS for xbox at the time. It implemented the now popular 'two gun + gernade' system.

Besides, you can't judge halo unless you were an xbox gamer at the time of release.

I don't think it should go on anymore though. ODST was just milking it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not Skullsy.

343 studios, that is to say, renamed bungie, is already planning ANOTHER halo game, this time featuring the character that has come to symbolise a whole chunk of what is bad about video games, in particular, immaturity, and foolishness born of ignorance, the one and thankfully only, Master Chief.

No name has yet been given, but they did recently make statements that another game was coming, and that everyone's least favorite green armored cliche would be the "protagonist".

Im going to also add Starcraft and Diablo to this list. Actibliz cannot be admonished enough for their treatment of their fans. StarCraft II is released in three thirds. Each is a third of the game's code, and according to rumors it doesnt run properly without all three. But each third costs as much if not more than a full game. So to play SC II you need to fork out triple the normal price. its also a very short game and has abysmal multiplayer full of very young children who think that playing starcraft II makes them awesome RTS pros, when really they're just feeding the zerg, and the legions of trolls.

Any company who treats its fanbase/playerbase like cattle to be milked for money, let alone so blatantly as if such people could not possibly see they're being used, does not deserve to remain in business.

Im going to also add Starcraft and Diablo to this list. Actibliz cannot be admonished enough for their treatment of their fans. StarCraft II is released in three thirds. Each is a third of the game's code, and according to rumors it doesnt run properly without all three. But each third costs as much if not more than a full game. So to play SC II you need to fork out triple the normal price. its also a very short game and has abysmal multiplayer full of very young children who think that playing starcraft II makes them awesome RTS pros, when really they're just feeding the zerg, and the legions of trolls.

Any company who treats its fanbase/playerbase like cattle to be milked for money, let alone so blatantly as if such people could not possibly see they're being used, does not deserve to remain in business.

no, the best part of this bad joke of game is the price tag... $180!!!! (yes, you read right: One Hundred and Eighty Dollars) i mean, come on! are you serious? If given the choice to buy some of the latest games like Splinter Cell Conviction, Prince of Persia The Lost Sands, Metro 2033 or Just Cause 2, who woul shell out this ridiculous ammount of money for a game??

yeah, it's got three campagins... SO WHAT!? oh, it's the most popular game from 10 years ago...SO WHAT!? well, they've spent years on the making... GIVE ME A BREAK! they spent all those years making the videos, the actual game could have taken them 2 years max! that is IF they didn't use a modified C&C engine, which I suspect they are using. so what's the big deal with this? they expect to keep milking a long dead cow, and expect the gamers to account for all the years they were not profiting from this franchise...but no... they are not guilty. they are just another money crazed company.

guilty are the gamers who pay this unfair price for a game that (other than the videos) is not up to today's standards

...ah... i feel much better now :sweat:

First, let me, an experienced gamer and part time reviewer for a small local mag update that list for you: do yourself a favour and AVOID JUST CAUSE TWO. Its not only one of the worst high budget games in the last five years, but much like starcraft 2 buying the initial game only gets you half to content, everything else, including most of the enjoyable stuff, comes via microtransactions. millions of microtransactions.

And metro 2033 aint too hot either. Its not too bad, but not too good either, think stalker but a little more modern and a little more cliched.

But other than that I agree with you entirely. If you spend 160 USD on this not only are you a freshly poor fool, but you're doing gaming as a whole a disservice, as every click of that cash register further convinces actiblizzard that they can get away with this offence to everything we stand for. SO boys, if anyone DID spend 160 on this, I dont like you.

Boycott till the price comes down then grab it cheap on steam, because even if that means you wait months and months longer, you'll be starving them for revenue, and with a price that high, you really are making a diference of a few tens of dollars off their gross yearly profits, you get enough folks doing that and it WILL hurt them.

it wont slap them back into sanity, but it WILL send a message.

Wow..Just wow...I had no idea my topic inspired another topic, and eventually became more popular than mine. Anyway, here are my general opinions.

Mario/any other Nintendo Franchise- Mario is like Sesame Street. Sesame Street has been around for decades, but the fanbase essentially turns over every 5 years(it is a preschool show aimed at the 1-4 crowd). Likewise, those old enough to remember the 8 and 16 bit Mario games likely wouldn't be still interested in the Gamecube games. I do agree however, that Pokemon games are really horrible, and little more than clones of each other. Keep in mind that Nintendo is the only company that has been around since the Atari days, and that the Wii is by far the most popular next-gen system.

Final Fantasy-I felt very betrayed by Squaresoft after the release of XII. XIII was horrible in so many ways. Square seems to have forgotten why their series was popular in the first place.

Sonic-Sega, like Squaresoft, seems to have forgotten why people love their games in the first place. The 16-bit games were much more fast-paced than their contemporaries. They really messed up on Sonic Adventure, I mean come on, making a video game about an obese retarded cat that goes fishing? Then in Sonic Adventure 2, they randomly threw in a bunch of other characters.

Halo-Microsoft, being the software giant that it is, can afford massive advertising campaigns.

Star Wars-
I thought KOTOR2 was pretty good, despite the bugs and other flaws. Star Wars is like many other media franchises, the original idea was innovative for it's time, but more creative ideas have come along since then.

no, the best part of this bad joke of game is the price tag... $180!!!! (yes, you read right: One Hundred and Eighty Dollars) i mean, come on! are you serious? If given the choice to buy some of the latest games like Splinter Cell Conviction, Prince of Persia The Lost Sands, Metro 2033 or Just Cause 2, who woul shell out this ridiculous amount of money for a game??

I haven't heard about this, I thought there was only one version of the game. Personally, SC2 looks like the original from 13 years ago with slightly updated graphics(I honestly could barely tell the difference between SC2 and it's predecessor). Still, consider how much one pays to play Wow over the course of a year( 15USD*12 months). Personally, I blame piracy; For every pirated copy out there, they have raise the price in order to meet the profit margin.

Im a science fiction author by background, and I've written shopping lists deeper and more captivating than that mess.

Then you would know that Star Wars has nothing to do with science, it is actually Fantasy. As a matter of fact, the films themselves contain a number of glaring scientific inaccuracies.