Unable to log in, help please!

Kedi

Your login cookie hasn't been set properly and won't allow you to be logged in to this site. This is normally due to a browser plugin, browser settings, firewall or anti-virus on your PC blocking the login cookie from being created properly. You will need to fix this issue before you can stay logged in on this site.

Hello there.

I just can't login to tesnexus.net. I get this error message all the time. I already registered like 4 times, tried Opera, Mozilla, and IE, no anti-virus, no firewall. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kedi

• 4 weeks later...
I am facing the same problem too! I tried to login with and without my firewall in place, and on google chrome, firefox, and IE 7, played with security and privacy settings, I also changed my network. All to no avail. The wierd thing is that just a day ago, on the very same setup I could login without any problems. Furthermore, the very fact that I can post on this forum means that my account is still active and viable. The only cause I can think of is the recent changes in the Nexus site. And as the OP said - any help is appreciated.

I have a similar problem. When I attempt to log in to view restricted content, I get logged out again almost immediately afterwards. This is driving me nuts.

EDIT: It seems that the Nexus is redirecting me to log out. Usually, after I enter my login details, it'll redirect to tesnexus.com/modules/login/do_logout.php?redirect=/members/index.php, then to tesnexus.com/modules/login/do_logout.php?verify=1&redirect=/members/index.php

Yup I'm facing the same problems too. I can log in but the system would somehow or rather auto-log out, usually immediately.

I have tried to contact the site admins but could not due to the inability of the system to determine the verifications code. This had never happened

before until today. It would be appreciated if the situation is laid out before us by staff members thanks.

I added an extra layer of security to the login cookie a couple of days back that hashes up your IP address and checks it against some database values to insure that your IP is still the same as when you first created the cookie. This helps to stop people hijacking login cookies and using other people's accounts.

It's possible that for some reason your browser is not reporting your IP address right (some stupid security system?) or you're behind a proxy that is constantly changing your IP address. I've setup a test page at http://www.tesnexus.com/iptest.php that tells you your IP address. If you are having problems logging in over the past couple of days please go to the test page and tell me what value it gives you. Press F5 (or refresh your browser on the page) and check the value again. Is it the same value?

Let me know so I can troubleshoot further.

I got a different one with each refresh. This might be what's buggering my login attempts. Dynamic IPs ftl.

If it helps, I was still able to login and download mods perfectly well until a couple of hours prior to my initial post here.

I went to the TES Nexus page provided and I only managed to get my IP on the first try. When I refresh the page, I get the error:

Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED) : Server Not Found

I still cannot stay log in with firefox, IE7 or google chrome on TE nexus and DA Nexus despite changing the settings to accept all cookies. But I managed to stay signed in with an older version of IE (IE 6) on an old computer. Is there anything else I should try on my end?

Thanks.