My Big Castle Mod

WarKirby3333

Is anyone going to continue up on WarKirbys work or are we going to have to wait for him to come back?

I think someone should take in this project, work on, and if warkirby ever comes back (hasnt logged in since nov 12, 2006) he'll be happy about how much people cared to continue his mod. THis thing is already to good to go to waste. IF it had all the stuff it was gonna have, it would be better. Im sure this is illegal in some way, everthing i suggest seems to be illegal in some way :P .

I don't know, has anyone related to this project been heard from lately? They could just be taking a few months away from it, or some of the team members may have been unable to come around do to real life stuff. Even 4 months without anyone on the team mentioning anything about the status is a bit too soon for anyone to just walk in and take over.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. It's me. Finally.

How long has it been now.. 6 months?

Work on the castle has long since stopped, and unfortunately, I have no intention of ever finishing it.

I got into this originally, as a way to express my creativity. Many aspects of it proved limiting. No custom animations, no custom spell effects. Very little support for anything aside from the medieval theme, no user created havok objects. and most notably, the fact that in a few years, Oblivion will be forgotten for Elder Scrolls V.

Eventually, I found something better. Second Life.

www.secondlife.com

In brief, it's a huge online world, of infinite creative freedom. Population currently stands at just below six million, and growing by the thousands every day.

The building and scripting systems are so flexible that nigh on anything can be made, whereas Oblivion had severe problems with anything outside it's medieval theme. Did anyone ever create a working gun, for example?

Second Life being online,, and free, means that people the world over can see my creations. And I can meet new people on a daily basis doing it. Perhaps one of the greatest aspects, though. Is that it has a proper working economy. Allowing artists to actually see financial return for their work.

Before everyone goes dashing over there with dreams of becoming millionaires, though. It should be noted that incomes for anyone but the most highly talented, are extremely low. After a few months of learning scripting, I have finally set up a business, and made a total of about $80 in the past 2 weeks selling highly advanced weaponry. And doing various minor scripting projects.

My mod seems to have quite the cult following here, and it is with great regret that i announce I have neither the time, nor inclination to finish it.

The least I can do, though. Is give some hope of finishing it.. I hereby grant universal freedom to anyone who wishes to take over the project and finish it, on the condition that myself and all co-contributors are credited appropritely for their parts. If she's still around here, Sickleyield has some excellent textures she made for the guards.

If anyone would like to see through my vision of the arena, and if i still have it, I could probably upload the work I did but never released. I'll watch this thread for the next few days, see if anyone's interested in that.

WarKirby

That's too bad. That second life thing sounds interesting though.

Custom animations are possible now, but they are too difficult to make for most people. And with the scripted spells you can make many effects. The new CS also adds a new spell function.

Anyway, I hope someone else takes the challenge of finishing this project. Not me, I'm not good at interior building and have my quest mod that still needs a lot of work.

I'll give the textures to whomever; it's just the chainmail armor for the guards (dragon insignia), a Spellbreaker retex for the shield with ditto, and a couple of dragon banners. If anyone wants them, pm me with your email address.

See? This is why I don't join people's projects any more. I spent so long making those textures and resubmitting them over and over again...

• 1 month later...

hey, i downloaded it, looks awesome, but i have a question, i have isues with the water animation on my comp or something, cnt get newhere near neything more than a puddle, i need the location code to enter inside the castle directly, the player.coc (inside the castle) thing

and i definately think you should finish it, the more arenas in TES the better!

See? This is why I don't join people's projects any more. I spent so long making those textures and resubmitting them over and over again...

You might be wrong about everything else, but you get this point exactly right. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day, huh?

For those of you who can't seem to understand why I demand payment for my skills, now you know. 95% of these projects fail, making all the time I might invest a complete waste. If you want countless hours of my time, without even a guarantee that I'll even see a finished mod, you get to pay cash in advance.

I'll be saving a link to this thread, I suspect it'll be a useful lesson in the future.

He is just a big Captain guy, i thought it was a kool idea. I still hang out in the castle all the time. I just wish that the Arena was finished. :unsure: