Male Clothing - Fancy Outfit WIP

McMutton

Well you could try out Gmax which is free , which is 3ds max but without the render engine and some other useful stuff, it has niftools support which is great:)

And you should buy yourself a wacom tablet - they last for ages :)

Yup to both of these comments, I've had my Wacom Intuos since '98 and it's wonderful, with great driver support & updates all this time. I love it. I like blender but I've been experimenting with gmax myself, and finally, I've been watching this thread, and believe me, there's a huge demand for menswear, especially by us lady gamers! I'm looking forward to seeing it on my man! :)

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. My tablet is, in fact, a Wacom. The stylus failing was my own fault.

I've added some variant pieces that I'll mix and match for multiple styles.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l43/Marshal_banana/Posh_suit4.png

So Gmax can import NIF's?

I see a pilgrim's hat with that clothing... Yeah, it's a bit off in terms of style, but it would really go with that coat. That, and some belts and buckles added here and there, like on the boots or a belt loosely around the waist for one-handed weapons (especially for sabers and/or rapiers).

Hope to see more...And a female version too! That shouldn't be hard to do anyways, since it covers the whole body with no bare arm or leg showing, so you don't need have to decide on which one of the nude body replacers to base it upon, let alone make a conversion for every one since it should work with any of them.

Ah, thanks Myrmaad.

I'll take those ideas into consideration, Ziitch. 'Specially the belts.

I've rigged one of the boots and got them into the game, but for some reason the model doesn't show up. I recall reading somewhere that I had to get some stuff from an already-existing object's NIF file and paste it into mine. Is that right?

*UPDATE: Even after adding all of the blocks that the steel boots had, and organising them the same way, the model still doesn't show up.

Also, what do you think of this idea for a later update?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l43/Marshal_banana/armoured_swain.png

Did you make some normal maps for the texture ? (steelboots_n.dds)... if you didnt they wont show up ... also all textures need to be in .DDS format .... if you use photoshop then you can find it here:http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html ... however it only works with the 32bit photoshop.

The textures are all in DDS format, and I've made the normal map, but there's no change. Even after copying my model's NiTriShape branch into an already-existing model, they still don't show up in the game.

Also, when the name of the normal map has "_n" at the end, rather than just "n" the game crashes when the item is equipped. Make of that what you will.